It’s difficult to put in words the pride I feel as an alumna each time I enter the Hayden-Clark Alumni Center and climb the impressive staircase to my lovely office overlooking the Alumni Quad. From the whimsical gargoyles atop the tower to the rich, dark wood and welcoming fireplace, this truly has become our new home on the Hilltop. Of course, every new home should have a proper housewarming, and you are invited to attend ours on Saturday, October 15, at 11 a.m., when we officially unveil this magnificent facility.
We have a few surprises planned for you at the dedication, after which you’ll step through the front doors into the Hall of Pride to experience once again your days on campus. Special displays and videos will transport you to your time at Bradley and describe the many ways you and your classmates have contributed to the rich history and success of our alma mater. I am confident that you will simply burst with pride at the discoveries you’ll make here!
Enjoy an Avanti’s gondola sandwich, relax in front of the fireplace, and relive fond memories as you pore over yearbooks in the Turner Library. Step out to participate in the many Homecoming & Parents’ Weekend activities, then return “home” to the Alumni Center for the evening to connect with your Bradley friends for either the All-Greek Reunion & Exchange or the All-Alumni Reception.Don’t miss a minute of it. Come home to the Hayden-Clark Alumni Center and connect to your Bradley pride!
LORI WINTERS FAN '80
Executive Director, Alumni Relations
Join us for a live chat with President Glasser
President Joanne Glasser will host a webinar for the Bradley University/Caterpillar community from noon to 12:30 p.m. on Friday, September 16. You'll hear from her on the state of the campus, more about the connection between Bradley and Caterpillar, and she'll take your questions.
Tune in using this link: http://www.bradley.edu/inthespotlight/story/?id=148181
Roswell, Ga. Metro Atlanta Old-Fashioned Picnic, Riverside Park, 3–7 p.m.; $10/adults, $5/children 12 and younger
Denver Dinner with the President, 6:30 p.m., Denver Athletic Club, 1325 Glenarm Place; $25
New York An Evening With the President, details to be announced
Hayden-Clark Alumni Center dedication
Alumni Relations staff (shown above on staircase) moved into the new Hayden-Clark Alumni Center in July. The 34,700-square-foot building adjacent to Bradley Hall will be dedicated at 11 a.m. October 15 in conjunction with Homecoming. Tours of the three-story facility will follow the dedication.
Homecoming & Parents’ Weekend – October 12–16
- Lighting of the B, Bradley Hall, 9 p.m.
- 50 Plus Club Reception, Student Center Ballroom, 4–6 p.m.
- Founder’s Day, Markin Center, 10 a.m.
- Barbecue on the Quad, 11 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Memorial Service & Chapter Eternal Ritual for General John Shalikashvili ’58 HON ’98, Marty Theater, Michel Student Center, lower level, 3 p.m.
- Bonfire & Pep Rally, Meinen Field, 7 p.m.
- Class of 1961 & Friends Reception, The Fieldhouse Bar and Grill, 8 p.m.
- Parents & Alumni Dessert Reception, Student Center Ballroom, 8-10 p.m.
- Hayden-Clark Alumni Center Dedication and Open House, 11 a.m.
- Class of 1961 Golden Reunion Luncheon, Markin Center, noon; $30
- Bradley Braves Fan Fest & Tailgate, Shea Stadium, 3–5 p.m., followed by Bradley-SIUE soccer
- All-Greek Reunion & Exchange, Hayden-Clark Alumni Center Ballroom, 6:30 p.m., $35
- Alumni Reception, Hayden-Clark Alumni Center Hall of Pride, 7:30 p.m.; $10
- Parents & Alumni Brunch, Student Center Ballroom, 10 a.m.–1:30 p.m.; $15/adults, $12/BU students and K-12
Visit bualum.org/homecoming for a full list of events.