New Views of BU
Nearly 300,000 unique visitors came to the Bradley website in the first quarter of 2011, making more than 1 million visits and looking at nearly 3.7 million pages — a 10 percent increase over the same period last year.
Thanks to a new content management system (CMS) implemented during the past year, visitors find it easier to navigate many of Bradley’s Web pages. “Everything is more clean and simple so people can get where they want to go faster,” said JIM CRONE ’02, director of Web marketing/communications, who leads the website conversion project. Referrals to the Bradley website from Facebook increased 157 percent over the first quarter of 2010.
Bradley’s homepage, bradley.edu, was the first to make the switch in April 2010. Several other pages, including Bradley Hilltopics, the Alumni Association at bualum.org, and Athletics at bradleybraves.com, are among others that have been updated.
Crone said all the sites affiliated with the University should be revamped by the end of the spring 2012 semester. “Overall, everything will have the same look and same feel, so you know everything is in the same family. It’s a much-needed update that allows us to project the Bradley story in a more compelling way.”
1. Larger photos and a simpler layout of the Bradley Hilltopics homepage allow you to navigate our most recent issue more easily.
2. Don’t forget to check out the IssuuTM digital edition of the magazine. It allows you to flip through Bradley Hilltopics page by page.
3. Wonder when women’s softball plays next or want to buy tickets for a men’s basketball game? Access those tools and more from this user-friendly menu.
4. You can now watch live and on-demand audio and video in one click.
5. Connect with fellow alumni via Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites directly from the Alumni Association homepage. (See Alumni News for a step-by-step tutorial on setting up BUconnect.)
6. Keep tabs on upcoming alumni events and add them to your electronic calendar with one click.