Horology on the Hilltop
Thousands of the nation’s very best watchmakers and jewelers studied in Peoria for more than six decades, all because of the foresight of Bradley’s founder. Along with state-of-the-art equipment, the “horologs” had their own band and fraternity. During the two world wars, their building, known as Westlake Hall since 1946, adapted to accommodate soldiers on campus.
Below are some additional photographs capturing Westlake's history that were not included in the print edition.
– Gayle Erwin McDowell ’77