Bradley University’s Center for Teaching Excellence and Learning (CTEL) is committed to providing high quality, professional and personal development opportunities for faculty and staff in pursuit of academic excellence that supports the mission of the University. CTEL offers a variety of activities and opportunities that provide growth and renewal for faculty in all realms of their professional lives and throughout the stages of their careers. We serve to assist with creating a culture that values intellectual inquiry and scholarly and creative engagement.
As you peruse through CTEL's web site and resources, please consider ways CTEL might support you in your work at Bradley University.
Teaching Excellence Series 2015
The 2015 Teaching Excellence Series, which will be held August 11th, 12th, and 13th in Westlake Hall, will feature the following workshop sessions. Registration will open in July.
- "Enhancing Teaching with Technology: Sakai Course Site Best Practices for Online, Hybrid, and Flipped Teaching" (9:30-12:00 p.m.)
- "OSP Strategies for Securing External Grants and Contracts" (1:00-3:30 p.m.)
- "Bradley Core Curriculum Course Proposal Workshop" (9:30-12:00 p.m.)
- "Box Lunch and Online Course Design Discussion Panel" (12:00-1:00 p.m.)
- "Enhancing Teaching with Technology: Offering Learning Activities, Feedback, and Grading Online" (1:00-3:30 p.m.
- "Enhancing Teaching with Technology: Student Collaboration, Group Work, and Peer Review Online" (9:30-12:00 p.m.)
- "Bradley Core Curriculum Course Proposal Workshop" (1:00-3:30 p.m.)
Fall Forum 2015
Bradley's 2015 Fall Forum, which will be held on Monday, August 24th from 7:45 to 4:30 p.m. in Westlake Hall, will feature a morning keynote speaker, two faculty discussion panels, and a choice of sixteen 50-minute breakout sessions throughout the day on the following topics:
- Academic Advising for Transfer Students
- Bradley Core Curriculum
- Collaborative Teaching
- Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- Course-embedded Assessment
- Grading Practices
- Internal/External Grants
- Legal Aspects of Teaching
- Mentoring Mindset
- New Faculty
- Peer Review Online
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Student Collaboration and Group Work
- Student Learning Support
- Teaching Technologies
- Threaded Discussion