Maximizing Your Leadership Potential
Maximizing Your Leadership Potential provides first-time managers and supervisors with practical steps they can take to:
- Increase the commitment and engagement of the team
- Build sustainable relationships
- Leverage the power of conflict
- Influence others by connecting their motivations and their work needs
- Understand others perspectives
- Provide constructive feedback
This program is designed to address the specific leadership challenges of early-career managers and supervisors; it will equip you to achieve lasting, sustainable results through people. This program immerses participants in four fundamental areas: self-awareness, learning agility, communication, and influence. In addition, you will work on two issues that are particularly challenging for most first-time managers: managing conflict and building relationships.
Participants will receive the benefits of a leadership assessment process and a private feedback session with a certified coach.
The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL®) is a top ranked, global provider of leadership development. By leveraging the power of leadership to drive results that matter most to clients, CCL transforms individual leaders, teams, organizations and society. CCL® is ranked among the world's Top 5 providers of executive education by Financial Times and in the Top 10 by Bloomberg BusinessWeek. The Executive Development Center is a network associate of the Center for Creative Leadership.
As a result of MLP, participants are better able to:
- Identify strengths and weaknesses and have a plan to address them as necessary.
- Encourage and model effective communication.
- Display patience with others in difficult situations.
- Appreciate differences in others.
- Seek solutions not blame.
- Understand others’ perspectives.
- Pay attention to needs and motivations of others.
- Find ways to connect others’ needs to the needs of the organization.
- Provide constructive feedback.
“I received more training, information, and development skills to further my leadership in two and a half days with Maximizing Your Leadership Potential than I have in the last 23 years of executive training that I've taken in my career.” Gina Sheehy- Key Relationship Management, KAO Organization.
- Provide intense feedback and 360-degree assessment data - giving participants an assessment of all competencies important at their level and a plan for development.
- Use an interactive hands-on format - to prepare participants to take action upon returning to work.
- Supply take-home tools - to support newly-enhanced skills of influencing, coaching, conflict resolution, and communication.
- Offer coaching – providing 100 minutes of one-on-one coaching during the program plus a 45-minute post-classroom coaching call to continue development after the classroom phase.
Location: Summit Executive Centre, 205 N Michigan Avenue, 10th Floor, Chicago, IL
Program Fee: $4,300
June 7-9, 2017
September 13-15, 2017
Please note that seating is limited for each program.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
Registrations that are cancelled will incur the following charges:
- 25% of tuition if cancellation is made 5 - 8 weeks before the program
- 50% of tuition if cancellation is made 2 - 4 weeks before the program
- 100% of tuition if cancellation is made less than two weeks before the program
You may transfer your registration, without penalty, to another session of the Maximizing Your Leadership Potential program within six months of the date of program for which you originally registered. After six months, additional fees may apply to those who wish to transfer their registration.