Research and Sponsored Programs Accounting (RSPA)
The Office of Sponsored Programs works closely with Research and Sponsored Programs Accounting (RSPA) in the pre-award processes of developing, reviewing, and approving proposal budgets, and holds primary responsibility for the post-award fiscal management and coordination of grant and contract agreements.
RSPA provides and holds responsibility for the following services and activities:
- The pre-award review and approval of proposal budgets
- Coordinating signature execution of approved grant proposals, contracts, and other fiscal agreements on behalf of Bradley University
- Establishing grant/contract accounts
- Monitoring and reviewing all charges to grant/contract accounts
- Ensures compliance with both University and funding source policies, procedures, and regulations
- Prepares and submits invoices and financial-related reports to the funding agencies
- Disseminates financial information to project leaders and investigators, as well as to their respective departments
- Manages the grants-close out process
- Coordinates audit activities for grant accounts.
Most importantly, RSPA ensures that they are aware of all Bradley University, federal, state, and private funding source rules, regulations, and guidelines so that Bradley, and the investigators involved in external grants and contracts, are protected from the costly repercussions that can arise from a lack of information about compliance issues. Information about specific Bradley policies and procedures that apply to external funds are provided under topic-specific links under the Policies and Procedures tab on the OSP website.
Principle investigators and other grant seekers are encouraged to contact RSPA as soon as they begin preparing a request for external funds. Help and guidance received from RSPA can ensure that budgets are prepared correctly from the start – saving fund-seekers a great deal of time, effort, and frustration in the long run. You may contact RSPA personnel as follows:
Location: Swords Hall, Room 103
Staff: Dennis Koch, Controller for Grants & Treasury Management
Terry Kenny, Grants and Restricted Funds Accountant
Ben Egolf, grants and restricted funds analyst
Budget and Budget Justification Samples and Templates