Sharing Indirect Costs Policy
Beginning June 1, 1988, undesignated indirect costs recovered (ICR) from externally funded grants and contracts shall be shared in the subsequent fiscal year with the College, Department/Division and Center/Institute originating the grant proposal.
Recovered indirect costs will be shared with all ICR generators according to the following schedule:
|ICR Range||ICR Range||Effective|
|$1 - 50,000||0%||0%|
|$50,001 - 100,000||30%||to 15%|
|$100,001 - 200,000||40%||to 27.5%|
|$200,001 -||50%||toward 50%|
These funds available for sharing will be distributed as follows:
- 25% to the College
- 50% to the Department/Division
- 25% to the Center/Institute
If no Center or Institute is involved in the grant, those funds will go to the University’s Board for Research and Creativity.
Use of shared funds:
- Shared funds will be credited to unit gift accounts and, therefore, may be carried over to subsequent fiscal years.
- Indirect cost recovery funds allocated to an administrative unit shall be expended only with authorization by the unit’s head and with approval of the Dean.
- Funds may be used to provide cash matching funds for external grants; to support faculty professional development, faculty research or creative activities; and for support of community outreach activities.