In addition to taking pre-requisite coursework and earning good grades, another key to health career development and becoming a competitive applicant is gaining experience through internships, volunteer work, and job shadowing. Also consider contacting faculty within your major department regarding research opportunities.
- NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
- Summer Medical & Dental Education Program (SMDEP)
(for freshmen & sophomores, especially those underrepresented in medicine/dentistry)
- Health Career Connection
- National Alliance of Research Asociates Program (NARAP)
- screen and enroll emergency room visitors in clinical studies on cervical & breast cancer screenings
- 2013 summer Research Associate (RA) positions
- year-long Chief RA positions
- opportunities available in several cities
- Medical Scribes - PhysAssist
- Positions at OSF St. Francis (Peoria, IL) and other locations around the country
- You can also contact PhysAssist at (817) 496-1009 or (877) 242-9939 (Toll Free), or email Jason Barber (Recruiting Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PhysAssist Research - Clinical experience comparison
- Medical Scribes - Elite Medical Scribes
Visit Bradley's Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Service for listings of volunteer opportunities in our local Peoria community. The Center is located in Harper Hall 20, or call