Law School Scholarships/Financial Aid
The McRoberts Memorial Law Scholarship
- This scholarship was created by Mrs. Hattie Feger McRoberts, the widow of prominent Peoria attorney William G. McRoberts, for the purpose of helping deserving individuals from Peoria County who wish to study law. Eligibility is limited to residents of Peoria County (for at least five years prior to application).
- Application forms may be obtained by writing to PNC Institutional Investments, Trustee of the McRoberts Memorial Law Scholarship Fund, Attn: Samantha Conrad, 301 SW Adams Street, Peoria, IL 61602 or via email to email@example.com. Samantha can be reached at (309) 655-5428. Completed applications must be received by May 31st to be considered for the school year starting in the fall. A personal interview with the committee may be required of new applicants.
- Through this scholarship, the Peoria County Bar Association seeks to diversify its membership by providing financial assistance to law students who show interest in practicing law in the Peoria area and belong in a minority group that is historically underrepresented in the legal profession. For more information, please click on this link: https://peoriabar.org/about/diversity/application
American Bar Association Legal Opportunity Scholarship Bradley University Law Scholar Program
- The Scholarship Fund is intended to encourage racial and ethnic minority students to apply to law school and to provide financial assistance to the scholarship recipients.
- The Scholarship Fund will award $5,000 of financial assistance annually to each scholarship recipient attending an ABA-accredited law school. An award made to an entering first year student may be renewable for two additional years, resulting in financial assistance totaling $15,000 during his or her time in law school.
- Recipients will be selected based on their qualifications for the scholarship and not on the law school they plan to attend. Therefore, students applying to any ABA-accredited law schools may benefit from these scholarships. The application may be downloaded from the ABA website www.americanbar.org/groups/young_lawyers/awards_scholarships.html
Bradley University Law Scholar Program
- Bradley University and Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law have partnered to offer the Bradley Law Scholar Award. Eligibility is limited to current Bradley University students in good standing and alumni. Students must submit applications for the Bradley Law Scholar Award to the Pre-Law Center as well as apply for admission to Robert H. McKinney School of Law by February 1 of the year they intend to go to law school.
- To eligible for the award, students must have a 3.4 GPA and an LSAT of at least 152. Applicants must submit the Bradley Law Scholar Application form, a current resume, and two letters of recommendation to the Pre-Law Center by February 29th.
- Successful applicants will receive a minimum of one half of their law school tuition, as well as special opportunities for research and internships.
External Scholarship Opportunities
Please click here for several links to external scholarship opportunities. Please click here for other external scholarships provided by the Law School Admission Council.