Program Dates: December 31, 2017 to January 15, 2018
Comprehensive fee of $3900 includes:
- Round-trip airfare from Chicago O'Hare
- Room with private bath and breakfast each day
- 3 hours of Bradley credit
- Transportation passes and a Paris city tour
- International Student Identity Card
WLF 301 Paris and French Culture (BCC IL)Contact Dr. Alex Hertich, 677-3495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The city of light, a movable feast, Paris is, as Nietzsche wrote, an artist’s only home. After exploring the city’s origins, we will concentrate on the place of Paris in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries, for it is during this post-revolutionary period that Paris moved beyond its role as a capital and became embedded in the imaginare not only of the nation, but also of the world. Using a variety of sources including articles, a play, book excerpts, site visits, and guided tours, we will discuss the role of Paris in French culture and national identity and will explore topics including religion, income inequality, art, immigration, and food. Site visits will include: Versailles, le Louvre, le Musée d’Orsay, la Comédie-Française, l’Opéra Garnier, and Notre Dame, among others. The course will be taught in French and is open to all students who have completed FLF 202.
ENG 302 Travel Writing (Gen Ed C2 / BCC W2)Contact Dr. Thomas Palakeel, email@example.com
- "Great travel writing consists of equal parts curiosity, vulnerability, and vocabulary. It is not a terrain for know-it-alls or the indecisive. . . . We observe, we calculate, we enquire,we look for a link between what we already know and what we're about to learn. The finest travel writing describes what goes on when nobody's looking." (Tom Miller)
ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION (required) begins March 6 on studyabroad.bradley.edu. Then, secure your registration in person at 8:30 am Thursday, April 20, in the Student Center Ballroom, where you will enroll in order of cumulative credit hours until classes reach enrollment limits. A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required April 20 to secure your registration. (Deposit must be paid with check or cash; sorry, no credit cards.)
Note: a minimum 2.5 GPA is required to register for any Study Abroad program at Bradley University. Transfer students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA recorded at BU in order to register.
Enrollment for any remaining class places after April20 is first-come, first-served and in the Study Abroad Office, 325 GCC.