So sorry, we've had to cancel this program.
Cuzco - Machu Picchu - Arequipa - Lima
June 1 - June 16, 2013
You will visit one of the world's most famous UNESCO World Heritage sites, Machu Picchu! This 15th-century pre-Columbian Inca site was unknown to the world at large until its revelation in 1911. Built for an Incan emperor, the mountain-top site is our link to the Incan world. You will visit a second World Heritage site when you travel to Arequipa, Peru's second-largest city, situated high in the Andes. These are remarkable places, and you'll have a remarkable academic experience!
Comprehensive fee of $5,200 includes:
- 4 hours of Bradley credit
- Roundtrip airfare from Chicago O'Hare
- Room with private bath, breakfast each day
- Local transportation passes
- Excursions and site visits including World Heritage Site Machu Picchu and the city of Arequipa
- International Student Identity Card
Class Offerings (3 credit hours each):
- ENG 300 Exposition: Writing About Travel (Gen Ed C2)
- FLS 316 The Incan Empire and Modern Peru
- SOC 305 Peoples and Cultures of the Non-Western World: Andean Cultures (Gen Ed NW) Walk in the footprints of ancient Andean civilizations and interact in the city streets with their descendents. Using an anthropological approach, we will learn about the cultures and societies of the Andes region from the ancient past to the modern day, exploring both continuities and change. Basic Spanish language skills will be helpful but are not required.
- LAS 305, a required one hour course that will meet the second half of SP13 semester on Friday afternoons beginning Friday, March 22, 2013
Begin on our website at studyabroad.bradley.edu and follow the link to "Pre-register for May 2013 Programs." Pre-registration begins Wednesday, September 5 and will remain open until noon Wednesday, October 17. Then, you must complete the registration process in person at 8:30 am on Thursday, October 18, 2012 in the Student Center Ballroom. You will enroll in order of cumulative credit hours until classes fill. Thereafter, enrollment is first-come, first-served and will be handled in the Study Abroad Office, 325 GCC.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your registration. After the initial deposit, a payment of $2350 will be due by February 1, 2013. Final payment of $2350 will be due no later than March 1, 2013. Notice of cancellation must be made in writing. Those who cancel after February 1, 2013 will be subject to a $750 cancellation fee. Those who cancel after May 1, 2013 will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
This program is contingent on a minimum number of participants. Students registering for any study abroad program must have a minimum 2.5 GPA.