Baker Hall 328
J.D., University of Arkansas School of Law
B.S. in Business Administration (Management), Illinois State University
Ken joined the Foster College of Business as an instructor in 2015, after having taught courses as an adjunct at Bradley University for several years. He also serves as the first Managing Director of the Turner School of Entrepreneurship & Innovation at Bradley University. His responsibilities include day-to-day management of the Turner School, creation of new student entrepreneurship activities and programs, and primary contact with students and faculty. He holds a B.S in Business Administration (Management) from Illinois State University, and a J.D. from the University of Arkansas School of Law. For 13 years he practiced business and commercial law in Houston, Texas.
Prior positions at Bradley University include: Director of Programs at the Turner Center for Entrepreneurship; and Director of the Small Business Development Center, providing strategic planning and business advice to entrepreneurs.
Ken has taught courses in small business management, family business, and entrepreneurship. Currently he teaches courses on managing entrepreneurial growth, collaboration in organizations, and innovation in organizations. Ken also manages the capstone business and engineering convergence projects, where business students work collaboratively with engineering students to design and commercialize an innovation.
Klotz, K. (Presenter Only), Blair, E. (Presenter & Author), USASBE Annual Conference, "Bradley University Cross Campus Entrepreneurship Program", US Association of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Tampa, FL. (January, 2015).
Klotz, K. (Panelist), USASBE Annual Meeting, "Getting Out of the Classroom - Internships & Projects", US Association of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Tampa, FL. (January, 2015).
Blair, E. S. (Presenter & Author), Welsch, D. H.B. (Presenter & Author), Alpi, S. (Presenter & Author), Hills, G. (Presenter & Author), Marcum, T. M. (Presenter & Author), Klotz, K. (Presenter & Author), USASBE Annual Meeting, "Dealing with Difficult Departments: Best Practices for a Successful Interdisciplinary and Cross-Disciplinary Entrepreneurship Program", US Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship, San Francisco, CA. (January, 2013).
Practice in Field
Corporate and Organizational Board Memberships
- Board Member, Family Core, 2014 - Present
- Board Member, Illinois Business Financial Services, 2013 - Present
- Board Member, Peoria Designated Zone Organization, 2006 - Present
- Board Member, Illinois Entrepreneurship & Small Business Growth Association, 2001 - Present
- Conference Attendance, USASBE Annual Conference, US Association of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, 2015
- United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE)
- Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC)
- FamilyCore- Board of Directors
- Illinois Business Financial Services- Board of Directors
- Peoria County Business Development Fund- Loan Committee