Illinois Small Business Development Center
For 30 years, the Illinois Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Turner Center for Entrepreneurship has provided business counseling and support to entrepreneurs and existing businesses.
We've done this by providing businesses with the resources needed to solve business-related problems and take advantage of new opportunities. In 2014 alone, we have assisted over 257 companies obtain loans and invest equity in excess of $3 million to start or expand their businesses, which have created or retained more than 152 jobs.
The Illinois Small Business Development Center at Bradley University provides free business counseling and low-cost training programs for existing and startup businesses in Central Illinois.
- Guidance through business startup steps, including license/permit issues, choosing legal structure, name registration, startup financing, and sales/income tax responsibilities.
- Training on how to write a Business Plan, with an emphasis on bank expectations.
- Critique and suggestions on Business Plan content, financial projections and marketing plans.
- Analysis of feasibility of new business ideas.
- Provide low cost marketing ideas.
- Referrals to area professional services providers and lending institutions.
- Complete analysis of past financial performance and comparison to industry benchmarks.
- Diagnosis of cash flow problems and recommended solutions.
- Assistance with preparation of Business Plans and financial projections.
- Marketing ideas, eBusiness strategies, and general business advice.
- Facilitation of company strategic/growth planning process.
- Free consulting projects by teams of senior-level Bradley business students.
- Information on federal, state and local loan programs for new and existing businesses.
- Guidance through the bank financing process and contact information for local lenders.
- Advice on structuring company debt and equity.
- Referral to angel investment groups and venture capital firms.
- Free "How To Start A Business" workshops every month.
- Half day and full day seminars on marketing, HR, finance, taxes, and regulatory compliance.
For more information on the Illinois SBDC at Bradley University, call (309) 677-2992 or e-mail us.