College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Bradley’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences provides the personalized attention of a liberal arts college, with the resources of a research university. If you are curious, passionate about learning, and love to explore, you will find a welcoming home in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Programs within the departments of LAS promote hands-on, minds-on, real-world learning through cooperative education, internships, practicums in clinical settings and research participation. These experiences link the world of intellect to the world of work and practical application, and expose students to the career options available immediately upon graduation as well as to options for postgraduate study.
The mission of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is to:
- Provide an environment for students to develop an awareness of the great issues facing humanity.
- Encourage students to be imaginative, critical, intellectually curious individuals, who will aspire to lifelong learning.
- Develop career interests and abilities appropriate to the needs of the students.
- Foster in students communicative and evaluative competencies.
- Develop self-renewing people in a value-centered interdisciplinary, intercultural, and humanistic context that puts career goals of students into a societal context in ways that will have significant impact on contemporary and future society, and will bring continuing personal satisfaction to them.
Departments and Programs
- Criminal Justice Studies
- Institute of International Studies
- Political Science
- Sociology & Social Work
Sciences and Mathematics
Interdisciplinary Majors and Area Studies
Cultural and Conversational Collaboration with the Peoria Chiefs
Dr. Deborah Kessler's Advanced Spanish Conversation course helps bridge the language gap in the Peoria community.
Bursting the Bubble
Service learning projects take students into Peoria
Dr. Kevin Stein Honored by the Lincoln Academy of Illinois
Celebrating the “Lincoln hearted’ people among us
LAS Summer Student Research
New LAS fellowship program expands student research opportunities
Lettering Works Wins Project Springboard Competition
Custom lettering and card design company awarded first place