The General Education Program
The Bradley University General Education Program is based upon the principles of “liberal education” expressed in the following fundamental assumptions:
- A liberal education provides all students with the intellectual tools necessary to explore the best that civilization has produced.
- A liberal education provides the means for all students to exercise control over their lives through thoughtful responses to their political, social, cultural, technological and natural environment.
- A liberal education emphasizes critical, historical, theoretical, scientific, and aesthetic approaches to knowledge.
- A liberal education enhances the quality of life and fosters an appreciation of learning as a foundation for continuing inquiry.
- The purpose of a liberal education is to develop students, regardless of academic major or professional aspiration, who are able to understand and participate in society as responsible human beings.