Giving to OLLI
Each year we work to create an even better OLLI, and we need your financial support to make our upcoming plans a reality. For the past three years, a large portion of the funds raised have been donated by a small number of anonymous donors. This year, we encourage all of our OLLI members to make a contribution – of any amount – to help our lifelong learning program benefit YOU now and to help sustain it for FUTURE generations.
Since 2013, we have invested our donations in the following ways:
- We’ve purchased two, 14-passenger shuttle buses for use during OLLI classes, trips, and cinema events.
- We’ve upgraded our technology, including: additional audio-visual staff during classes; a new projection system at Peoria NEXT, a site used for many OLLI study groups; new audio headsets to use during OLLI trips, and flat panel screens that will soon be installed in the Michel Student Center meeting rooms.
- We’ve provided free OLLI lectures and cinema programming, including OLLI Free Flicks.
- To ensure our long-term sustainability, we’ve set aside 5% of our OLLI gifts into a savings fund.
By May 31, 2016, we hope to raise $50,000 for the following projects:
- We plan to renovate the Michel Student Center Ballrooms with soundproof walls and a new audio system, which will greatly enhance the sound quality of our courses held in these rooms.
- We will continue to provide ongoing maintenance for the shuttle buses and build upon our reserve fund for their replacement in the next decade.
- Starting in 2016, we will shift our focus from using funds to coordinate OLLI lectures and instead partner with Bradley University to sponsor existing lecture series on campus.
- We will also shift our focus from presenting OLLI Free Flicks to partnering with the Peoria Riverfront Museum to sponsor its Silver Screen Series.
- As always, we will continue to invest 5% of total gifts into a savings fund.
Your gift matters!
Ways to Donate
Make a gift online using a credit card. All data collected is safe and secure.
If you would rather mail your gift, please print out the form, and mail it with your gift to:
OLLI at BU
1501 W. Bradley Avenue
Peoria, IL 61625
Call the OLLI office at (309) 677-3900 and make your donation with a credit card.
Drop off your donation at the Continuing Education building, weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are located at the corner of Main and University, on Bradley’s campus.
Matching Gifts and Maintenance
Learn more about matching gifts and maintenance.
Check to see if your employer is part of the matching gift program.
Please contact your human resource department for the necessary matching gift forms.
Effective July 1, 2012, Caterpillar began processing all matching gifts electronically. Employees and Retirees will submit matching gift requests ONLINE via the Foundation website: www.caterpillar.com/foundation