Professionals Banner

Frequently Asked Questions

How do off-campus courses work?

Courses are delivered using DVDs or the web. In all cases, courses are supplemented with handouts, homework, tests, and instructor interaction. Once you have registered for a course, you will receive your instructional materials. When the course is completed, you are required to return the DVDs to Continuing Education.

What kind of schedule will I follow?

Off-campus courses for the 2014 spring session will begin January 29, 2014.  This is approximately one week later than classes begin on campus.  To finish the course within the current semester, it is recommended that you view the course media as if you were attending the class on campus, i.e. for a three-hour class, three class sessions should be viewed each week.

Each faculty member establishes a schedule for viewing lectures, completing assignments, and taking tests. When you register for a course, you will be sent a syllabus outlining the schedule for your particular course. If you do not complete the course by the end of the semester, you will receive an IP (in progress) grade (see the Graduate Catalog for explanation). Please register as early as possible to allow time for DVD duplication.

How do I register for a course?
Students interested in registering for a course must first contact Dr. In Soo Ahn, Chair of the Department of Electrical Engineering:

Dr. In Soo Ahn
Call: 309-677-2734 
Visit: 320 Jobst Hall, 922 N. Glenwood, Peoria, Illinois

Upon approval of Dr. Ahn, you may then move on to the registration process.  Registration involves two steps: admission to the University and registration for the course.

Step 1 is to apply for admission to Bradley University.  Follow one of the processes below that describes your current status.

   • If you have been admitted to the Graduate School and are continuing in your graduate studies toward the completion of a degree, please check with your advisor before registering for a course. This will ensure that you are taking the correct course for your graduate degree.

   • If you have not attended Bradley previously and plan to be a degree-seeking student, you should apply to a specific degree program. Generally the admission process requires four to six weeks and is accomplished by submitting a $35 ($50 for international applicants) non-refundable application fee.  To apply to the Graduate School, visit the Apply Now website.

   • If you want to enroll in a course without being admitted to a degree program at this time, visit the website for Non-Degree Seeking Students, or call the Graduate School at (309) 677-2375. Students in this group can apply a maximum of nine approved semester hours with grades of B or better to a degree program once a degree-seeking status has been established.

At the time of application or during the first semester of enrollment, you must provide the Graduate School with official transcripts as evidence of an earned bachelor's degree. Graduate students-at-large may enroll in courses for which they have met the prerequisites. Students who enroll in courses for which they are not qualified will be asked to withdraw. You should consult an academic advisor if you have questions about prerequisites.

Step 2 is to register for your classes.  Once you have been admitted to Bradley University, you can register for a class.  To register, please complete and return the registration form to Continuing Education no later than January 22, 2014.  If your admission is in progress at the time you are trying to register, please email Debbie, or call (309) 677-2820.

What if I need to see an advisor or instructor?
If you need to discuss course or program matters with someone at Bradley, please visit the Contact Us link on the left. It will provide you a directory of people who can assist you.

How much is tuition?

Tuition for spring 2014, is $780 per semester hour plus a $175 technology fee per course. All tuition is due at the time of registration.

How are tuition payments handled?

Payment must be made at the time of registration and sent directly to Continuing Education.  Please pay  by check (payable to Bradley University), cash, money order, VISA, Discover, MasterCard, or American Express. Do not send tuition payments to the Bradley University Controller.

What happens if I withdraw from a class?
Financial penalties apply to students who drop a course after the published deadline. Please note that students who withdraw from courses may be responsible for a portion of the tuition depending on the date the course was dropped.

If a student drops the course in writing before January 29, 2014, no tuition will be charged.

If a student drops the course in writing on or after this date, tuition will be charged as follows:
Withdrawal during 1st week, ending February 5, 10%
Withdrawal during 2nd week, ending February 12, 20%
Withdrawal during 3rd week, ending February 19, 40%
Withdrawal during 4th week, ending February 26, 50%
Withdrawal during 5th week, ending March 5, 75%
Withdrawal after March 5, 100%

Any changes to drop, add, or withdraw must be made in writing to the attention of Sue Manley in Continuing Education. Please note that financial drop dates and academic drop dates are not the same.

While each instructor has his own method for handling homework and tests, the transit of these materials is done mostly via mail, fax, or email. You may send your homework and tests directly to the professor, or to Continuing Education. Materials sent to Continuing Education will be routed to the professor.

A proctor must supervise tests. Contact Continuing Education for instructions and assistance.

How are textbooks acquired?
Textbooks can be ordered directly from the Bradley University Bookstore by calling (309) 677-2320. Be prepared to tell the Bookstore staff the course name and number and that it is being offered off campus.

If you are paying with a credit card, be prepared to provide the bookstore staff with your VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express number and its expiration date. If you are paying by check, you will receive your books once payment has been received by the Bookstore.

What are the bookstore hours?
The Bradley Bookstore is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, and from noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.  If you need assistance, call the Bookstore at  (309) 677-2320.

How do I get an ID?
Once you are admitted to the University, you are assigned an ID number.  With this number, you are eligible to get a photo identification card.  The photo ID also serves as a debit card called Quick Card which can be used to make purchases at several University facilities and campus-area businesses. 

In order for you to get a photo ID, please call the Controller at (309) 677-3120 to set up an appointment.

How do I acquire a library card?
Occasionally, off-campus students visit our campus to utilize the facilities of the Cullom-Davis Library. Housing over one million items, the Library includes major collections of books, periodicals, government documents, and several computer databases. Off-campus students who have a Bradley photo identification card can utilize the Library facilities.  In order for you to get a photo ID, please call the Controller at (309) 677-3120 to set up an appointment.

What other academic regulations apply to off-campus students?
The information on this website is not intended to be a substitute for the Bradley University Graduate Catalog. Students are advised to review and adhere to all academic regulations found in the current semester's Schedule of Classes or the Graduate Catalog.

Important Dates
Last day to register for spring classes January 22, 2014
First day of video classes January 29, 2014
Deadline to pay tuition January 29, 2014
Last day of classes May 6, 2014