Orientation for Session 1 is Saturday, June 17 at 10:00 a.m.
Orientation for Session 2 is Saturday, July 29 at 10:00 a.m.
All orientations will be in Neumiller Lecture Hall in Bradley Hall. You and your child will have the opportunity to meet instructors and staff, confirm pick up and drop off plans, ask questions, eat cookies, drink lemonade, and take a tour of classrooms.
Traffic and Parking
Due to seasonal construction on Bradley's campus, parking is limited and changing daily.
T-Shirts and Memorabilia
Participants will receive a t-shirt at orientation or on the first day of class. We encourage campers to wear their WOW t-shirts daily for security and identification purposes. Students will also receive a group picture and certificate of participation.
A Student Aide or Instructor will supervise students at all times.
Students staying for lunch bring a sack lunch and eat together. Refrigeration is not available.
Attendance, Illnesses, and Absences
We will take attendance for every class and recreation. If a student is ill, please call (309) 677-2374 as soon as possible, and let us know. If a student will be missing either part or all of a class or day, please let us know in advance by calling (309) 677-2374, or by telling a staff member.
Emergencies, Information, and Office
If you need to reach your child, please call (309) 677-2374, or stop by the World of Wonder office (8 am-5 pm), located on the second floor of Bradley Hall in room 222.
You are welcome to observe and visit classrooms. Please check with the instructor in advance to coordinate the visit with planned activities.
What to Bring - Please Label All Items
Students may bring:
- water bottles (strongly encouraged)
- books, toys
- board games (please no electronic games)
- sweatshirts, sweaters, or jackets (strongly encouraged)
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up
All classes are held in Bradley Hall (see star on map). Students and staff will enter the building through the east-facing side doors, located to the right of the main entrance steps.
Every student's safety is important to us, and it remains our highest priority to ensure that students enter and exit cars in a safe and organized way. Thank you for your continuing support in making World of Wonder a safe and productive environment for all.
Here are three options for student drop-off:
1. Drive your car to the Founder’s Circle (circled on map) and stop between the two signs marked "World of Wonder Drop-Off." Please expect a line of cars, especially before the first morning class. Students must unload from the passenger side of the vehicle only. We ask that drivers remain in the vehicle at all times, and all driver side doors are to remain closed. No trunk unloading is allowed in this zone (please consider options 2 and 3 instead). Please have all materials (backpack, lunch, water bottle, etc.) ready before your student exits the vehicle. Staff will assist your student out of the vehicle and walk them to their classrooms. Once your student has exited, please pull away from the signs, taking care to watch for traffic within the Founder's Circle.
2. Park (diagonal lines on map), and walk your student(s) to the Founder’s Circle, where staff will greet them and walk them to their classrooms.
3. Park (diagonal lines on map), and walk your student(s) into Bradley Hall (using the east side doors) and take them to Room 222, the WOW Office; staff will walk them to their classrooms.
All student pick-ups will be from the Founder’s Circle (north side - circle on map).
Please note: before the 10:30 a.m. class, drivers will be in line to drop off AND pick up students. Please keep traffic in one lane and do not pull around other cars in line. We appreciate your patience as staff will assist in the loading and unloading of cars in a safe and efficient manner.
Students will be released only to parents or guardians whom the students can identify. If someone other than a parent or guardian is picking up a student, please let us in know in advance by calling (309) 677-2374. If someone is not legally allowed to pick up your child, please alert the Director.