Paul Wm. Wayvon
Baker Hall 426
M.B.A., Michigan State University
Chartered Accountant, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
B.S., in Accounting, University of Detroit
Paul Wayvon has been at Bradley University since 2004, after having spent 24 years in public accounting and industry (with particular experience in consumer products, manufacturing and healthcare). Paul teaches courses in financial and managerial accounting as well as accounting courses required for Bradley’s MBA and EMBA programs. Paul’s interests include staying current professionally by working with businesses on their financial, strategic and operating problems with a particular emphasis on start-up and turnaround enterprises.
Paul is a bicyclist, runner and racquetball player. He is also an avid hockey fan, particularly of his sons’ teams.
Paul teaches courses in Accounting (ATG).
Courses Currently Teaching
- ATG 157 Accounting Principles – Financial
- ATG 158 Accounting Principles – Managerial
- ATG 201 Accounting Principles – Accounting Techniques
- ATG 604 Controllership
- BUS 629 Cost Management (EMBA)
- BUS 651 Performance Measurement and Control Systems
Paul is actively involved in practical research through his involvement and participation with a wide variety of businesses as they confront and deal with current day-to-day and strategic problems and issues. In particular, Paul focuses on start-up and turnaround businesses to build and develop plans, systems and processes in order to develop and focus these businesses on critical metrics and actions to achieve sustainability and success.
Competitive Research Awards Received
Goitein, B. J. (Supporting), Wayvon, P. (Supporting), Gretz, R. T. (Principal), "New Business Valuation," Sponsored by OSF Jump Trading Center, Private, $62,728.00. (August 2015 - August 2016). [Start: August 2015, End: August 2016, Submitted: July 2015]
Goitein, B. J. (Supporting), Gretz, R. T. (Principal), Wayvon, P. (Supporting), "New Business Valuation," Sponsored by OSF Jump Trading Center, Private, $14,466.00. (January 2015 - August 2015).
Practice in Field
- DCT, 2010 - Present
- Intangible Business, 2008 - Present
- Mustangs Hockey Team, 2012
- Theresa Falcon Trust, 2011
- AES, 2009-2011
- Board of Directors, Blood Clotting Disorders Institute, 2013 - Present
- President, Peoria Mustangs Junior Hockey, 2012 - Present
- Consultant, Intangible Business Limited, 2008 - Present
- Instructor of Accounting, Bradley University, 2004 - Present
- Consultant, Dust Control Technology, 2000 - present
- Wayvon LLC, 2003 - 2012
College & University
- Paul is an active member of various standing and ad hoc committees including the Undergraduate Curriculum Committee and the recently developed Hospitality Services Committee.
- Paul is also FCB’s representative for the Heart of Illinois United Way.
- He also participated in the Peoria Next strategic plan review and continues to support and participate in various Peoria Next events.
- Paul is active in various community groups.
- He has also been heavily involved in youth sport development in the area over the past 16 years.