Associate Professor, BU TAC Program Director
Baker Hall 429
Ph D, Educational Administration and Leadership, University of Alberta, 2000.
MBA, University of Alberta, 1996.
B. Com, University of Alberta, 1983.
Stephen has been at Bradley University since 2007. Prior to joining Bradley University he taught at the University of Nevada Reno and Athabasca University. Stephen held managerial positions in the railroad, trucking, public relations, and banking sectors before returning to school for doctoral studies. His research focuses on the need for accounting information that supports managerial decision-making.
- Society of Management Accountants of Alberta. (October 1988 - Present).
- American Accounting Association. (September 1999 - Present).
- Canadian Academic Accounting Association. (July 1996 - Present).
- Institute of Management Accountants. (January 2000 - Present).
- ATG 157 Accounting Principles - Financial
- ATG 204 Managerial Accounting
- ATG 514 Cost Accounting
- ATG 658 Strategic Performance Measurement
Stephen’s research has focused accounting information that supports managerial-decision making. He has published in the form of case studies and scholarly papers. 5 of his most recent papers are
- kerr SG (2011) A Note of Caution: The International CPA Designation, American Journal of Business Education, June 2011, Volume 4 Number 6, Pages 39-44 (19).
- Kerr SG, Rameker AT, Kak, M (2010) What Do You Want: Counting The Cost, Journal of Family Life. Published at http://www.journaloffamilylife.org 13-July-2010 (18)
- Kerr SG (2009) Productivity of Management Accounting Faculty The Journal of Academic Administration in Higher Education Fall 2009 Volume 5 Issue 2 Pages 27-36 (17)
- Kerr SG, Simkin MG, Mason R, (2009) A Publication Profile of Accounting Faculty. American Journal of Business Education. November 2009 Volume 2 Number Pages 103-114 (16)
- Kerr SG, Gillett JW, Wilcox W, Sandoz N, (2009) International Financial Reporting Standards: Impact on Professional Financial Statement Users. Commercial Lending Review September-October 2009, Volume 24 Number 5 Pages 3-9 (15)
Program Director – BU-TAC Program. This is a collaborative program providing accounting education to Japanese accountants seeking a US-CPA license. The program serves around 200 students a year.
- Masters of Science in Accountancy Admissions Committee. (August 2009 - Present).
- Office for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Development Advisory Board. (2008/2009 and 2010/2011).
- University Senate Service, Bradley University Senate. (2008-2010 and 2010-2012).
- University Resources Committee 2009/2010 and 2010/2011).
- Faculty Advisor, Student Senate. (2009/2010 and 2010/2011).
- Bradley University Asian Studies Committee. (August 2008 - Present).
- Greater Illinois Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants, VP Education (2010/11).
Licensures & Certifications
Certified Management Accountant, Society of Management Accountants of Alberta. (October 1988 - Present).