Students in the Academic Exploration Program receive personalized one-on-one advisement during their class selection process from professional advisors. Beginning at Summer Orientation, AEP students are assisted by faculty and staff with their course selection.
Freshman AEP students will be assigned an academic advisor at the beginning of their fall semester. Advisor assignments are listed on Webster (our computerized student registration system) under the "other" tab at the top of the page. In order to log in to Webster all students must have their BUnetID and password.
Both new and current AEP students must meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes each semester. At the conclusion of that meeting the advisor will e-mail or call the Academic Exploration Program office and request the student's hold or encumbrance be released.
Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
This award was established in 1991 by the Student Senate and the Center for Orientation & Advisement to recognize the significant contribution that a member of Bradley’s faculty, administration or professional staff provides to students as an academic advisor. Dr. Elena Gabor was named the 2014-2015 recipient.
Nominations will be accepted again in March 2017. For more information about this award, contact The Student Activities Office at (309) 677-3050.
Past Award Recipients:
- 2007-2008 Dr. Tim Conley - English
- 2008-2009 Dr. Sara Netzley - Communication
- 2009-2010 Mr. Gary Will - Art
- 2010-2011 Dr. Michael Greene - Philosophy and Religious Studies
- 2011-2012 Dr. Jason Zaborowski - Philosophy and Religious Studies
- 2012-2013 Dr. Kris Maillacheruvu - Civil Engineering and Construction
- 2013-2014 Dr. Kristi McQuade – Chemistry
- 2014-2015 Dr. Elena Gabor