Students in the Academic Exploration Program receive personalized one-on-one advisement during their class selection process from professional advisors. Beginning at Summer Orientation, AEP students are assisted by faculty and staff with their course selection.
Freshman AEP students will be assigned an academic advisor at the beginning of their fall semester. Advisor assignments are listed on Webster (our computerized student registration system) under the "other" tab at the top of the page. In order to log in to Webster all students must have their BUnetID and password.
Both new and current AEP students must meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes each semester. At the conclusion of that meeting the advisor will e-mail or call the Academic Exploration Program office and request the student's hold or encumbrance be released.
Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
This award was established in 1991 by Student Senate and the Office of Orientation and Advisement to recognize a member of Bradley's faculty, administration, or professional staff who serves as an academic advisor.
Student Activities has consolidated all awards and the descriptions of what letters of recommendation must include. When completing your application, please delete the awards and scholarships that you are not nominating an advisor for to conserve paper and ink and follow the following steps:
- Fill in the grey box with your information as the nominator. If you are a faculty member nominating someone for Advisor of the Year, please disregard the ID #, Major, Overall GPA and Anticipated Graduation Date
- The Outstanding Academic Advisor of the Year description and criteria can be found on the middle of the second page. When printing out your application, please check the box next to the award.
- When writing the letter(s) of support, you will find the points that need to be addressed on the last page under the award itself. Please note there is a word limit of 600 (approximately two pages double spaced) and that there is a maximum of three letters of support from faculty, staff or students that may be submitted.
- Please check back in April for deadline all materials must be received by either the Student Activities Office in Student Center Room 34 or the Orientation Office in Heitz Hall 100
Should you have any questions please contact Student Activities at 309-677-3050 or the Orientation Office at 309-677-2420.
Click HERE to obtain the application to nominate an advisor for the Outstanding Academic Advisor Award.
Past Award Recipients (2007-2015)
- 2015: Dr. Elena Gabor - Communication
- 2014: Dr. Kristi McQuade - Chemistry & Biochemistry
- 2013: Dr. Kris Maillacheruvu - Civil Engineering & Construction
- 2012: Dr. Jason Zaborowski - Religious Studies
- 2011: Dr. Michael Greene - Philosophy & Religious Studies
- 2010: Gary Will - Art
- 2009: Dr. Sara Netzley - Communication
- 2008: Dr. Tim Conley - English
- 2007: Dr. Dawn Roberts - Psychology