March 1st and October 1st
This application should be submitted in the spring semester of your sophomore year or in the fall semester of your junior year.
- All candidates must be enrolled as a declared art major at Bradley University at the time of application and must have completed all 100 level studio and art history courses required for the art program (Art 101, 102, 105, 106, 140, 142).
- An Art GPA of 3.0 and an overall GPA of 2.5 are required for the student to be considered for candidacy.
Date to be announced.
Reviews are usually scheduled within a few weeks of the application deadline.
For the BFA Review, students are required to present a selection of their original artwork to the Department Faculty. Students are assigned a location to display their artwork, and the work must be displayed in a professional manner.
A total of 12-15 pieces of original artwork. Select your best work. Each piece must be labeled with the title, medium/media, date created, and for what course. You are to install your artwork in the designated location, and you must make a brief presentation (five minute maximum) about your work and your goals as an artist/designer. Your portfolio should include:
- 2-3 pieces from the design foundations courses (art 105 & 106)
- 2-3 pieces from the drawing foundation courses (art 101, 102, & 230)
- 5-10 pieces from you area(s) of concentration
- inventory sheet/ list of work presented
- written statement of purpose/direction
Students who meet the minimum qualifications for the BFA Program are not automatically accepted into the program. Entry in the BFA degree requires the demonstration of an exceptional portfolio and an articulate oral presentation, where both reflect a high level of artistic confidence and excellence in the areas of technique, conceptual practice, personal motivation, and formal concerns. The body of work will be judged by the faculty. Students will receive written notification of acceptance into the BFA degree program. A student who has not been accepted may reapply one time, based on recommendation from that student's advisor.
Please fill out the form below.