Chairperson, Associate Professor, BU TAC Program Director
Baker Hall 427A
Ph D, Educational Administration and Leadership, University of Alberta, 2000.
MBA, University of Alberta, 1996.
B. Com, University of Alberta, 1983.
Stephen has been at Bradley University since 2007. Prior to joining Bradley University he taught at the University of Nevada Reno and Athabasca University. Stephen held managerial positions in the railroad, trucking, public relations, and banking sectors before returning to school for doctoral studies. His research focuses on the need for accounting information that supports managerial decision-making.
- Society of Management Accountants of Alberta. (October 1988 - Present).
- American Accounting Association. (September 1999 - Present).
- Canadian Academic Accounting Association. (July 1996 - Present).
- Institute of Management Accountants. (January 2000 - Present).
- ATG 157 Accounting Principles - Financial
- ATG 204 Managerial Accounting
- ATG 514 Cost Accounting
- ATG 658 Strategic Performance Measurement
Stephen’s research has focused accounting information that supports managerial-decision making. He has published in the form of case studies and scholarly papers.
Leadership in Academic Societies
- Officer, Vice President, Institute of Management Accountants, 2011-2013
Program Director – BU-TAC Program. This is a collaborative program providing accounting education to Japanese accountants seeking a US-CPA license. The program serves around 200 students a year.
- Masters of Science in Accountancy Admissions Committee. (August 2009 - Present).
- Office for Teaching Excellence and Faculty Development Advisory Board. (2008/2009 and 2010/2011).
- University Senate Service, Bradley University Senate. (2008-2010 and 2010-2012).
- University Resources Committee 2009/2010 and 2010/2011).
- Faculty Advisor, Student Senate. (2009/2010 and 2010/2011).
- Bradley University Asian Studies Committee. (August 2008 - Present).
- Greater Illinois Chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants, VP Education (2010/11).
Licensures & Certifications
- CPA (Illinois), (2014 - Present).
- Certified Management Accountant, Society of Management Accountants of Alberta. (October 1988 - Present).