Baker Hall 329
Ph.D., Management Science, University of Alabama
M.B.A., Western Illinois University
B.S., Chemistry, Western Illinois University
Awards and Honors
Faculty Excellence Award, FCBA. (August 2009), Foster College of Business Administration National Council of Advisors Research Award, 2004,Caterpillar Inc. New Faculty Achievement Award for Scholarship, 1996, Foster College of Business Administration National Council of Advisors Research Award, 1996.
- BMA 353 Operations Management
Dr. Fink’s research interests include quality management, capturing costs of quality improvement, and the impact of technology on processes, He has over 100 publications, which have appeared in a variety of journals including Decision Sciences, Industrial Management, Journal of Cost Management, Internal Journal of Strategic Cost Management, Strategic Finance, Internal Auditing, Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, The National Public Accountant, Labor Law Journal, Production Planning and Control, Hospital and Health Services Administration, and Management Accounting.
Published Intellectual Contributions
Refereed Journal Articles
- Weinzimmer, L. G., Fink, R. L., Shanine, K., Scheunemann, B. An Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence Model Of Process-Based Strategies: An Exploratory Investigation. To appear in Review of Business Research.
- Sicklesteel, K., Fink, R. L., Gillett, J. W. (2010). Whos Watching Your Back? Selecting the Right Background Screening Service. Today's CPA, 37(6), 20-23.
- Defreitas, D. G., Fink, R. L., Gillett, J. W., Cox, W. Optimizing Business Support Processes at Caterpillar with Activity Based Management. To appear in Strategic Finance.
- Bond, E. U., Fink, R. L., Iyer, R. (2010). Marketing Practices of the Manley Popcorn Company: A Company Ahead of Its Time, Or an Example of Timeless Marketing Principles?. Business Research Yearbook, 17(2), 712-719.
- Gillett, J. W., Fink, R. L., Bevington, N. (2010). Executing Strategy at Caterpillar Using 6 Sigma. Strategic Finance, 91(10), 24-28.
Intellectual Contributions in Submission
Refereed Journal Articles
- Brown, M. P., Fink, R. L. Performance Implications of Contract Nurse Staffing in the Context of Nurse Staffing Strategies.. Southern Business Review.
- Gillett, J. W., Fink, R. L., Estep, L. RFID'S Impact on Future Retail Operations: What Every Accountant Should Know. Disclosures.
- Fink, R. L., Gillett, J. W., Clayton, M., Krull, G. W. The Audit Implications of RFID. Catalyst: News and Analysis for Ohio CPAs.
Research in Progress
- "Marketing History: Manley Popcorn and Modern Marketing Practice Before the Modern Marketing Era" (On-Going)
- "Capturing the Cost of Customer Dissatisfaction in Waiting Lines Using Queuing Theory and the Taguchi Loss Function.” (On-Going).
- Chairperson, Committee on the Use of Human Subjects in Research (CUHSR). (May 2008 – Present, Member 2002-present).
- Editor, Journal of Small Business Strategy