Jobst Hall 221
Ph.D., Civil Engineering, The University of Western Ontario
M.ESC., Civil Engineering, The University of Western Ontario
M.S., Civil Engineering, Northeastern University
B.S., Civil Engineering, Basra University
Dr. El-Chabib’s area of expertise is concrete materials and structures. His research interests are in the area of concrete technology, blended cement, recycling industrial-by product, rheological and structural behavior of special concretes, concrete sustainability, and application of artificial intelligence in modeling the behavior of cement-based materials. Dr. El-Chabib is a licensed professional engineer in Lebanon and in the province of Ontario, Canada. He has more than 10 years of consulting experience in the United States and abroad.
- CE 124 “Emerging Technologies in Civil Engineering”
- CE 150 “Engineering Mechanics, Statics”
- CE 224 “AutoCAD”
- CE 210 “Numerical Methods in Civil Engineering”
- CE 270 “Strength of Materials”
- CE 280 “Structural Materials Laboratory”
- CE 403 “Reinforced Concrete Design”
- CE 422 “Foundation Analysis and Design”
- CE 560 “Advanced Structural Analysis”
- CE 565 “Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design”
- CE 567 “Pre-stressed Concrete Design”
- “Developing a Cost-Effective High-Performance Self-Consolidating Concrete for Sustainable Structures”, Caterpillar Fellowship 2010-2011.
- “Artificial Intelligence Model to Determine the Bond Strength of Plain Steel Bars in Concrete”, Caterpillar Fellowship 2008-2009.
- H. El-Chabib, 2011, “Predicting the Effect of Stirrups on the Contribution of Basic Shear Design Parameters to the Shear Strength of RC Beams Using Artificial Intelligence”, The 2011 Structures Congress, Las Vegas, Nevada, April 14-17.
- M. Nehdi, Z. Omeman, and H. El-Chabib, 2008, “Optimal Efficiency Factor in Strut-and-Tie Models for FRP Reinforced Concrete Short Beams with (1.5<a/d<2.5),” Materials and Structures, RILEM, 1359-5997.
- Nehdi, M., El-Chabib H., and Omeman, Z., 2008, “Experimental study on shear behavior of CFRP-reinforced concrete short beams without web reinforcement”, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, V. 35, No 1, pp. 1-10.
- El-Chabib H. and Nehdi, M., 2008, “Shear Capacity of FRP Stirrups in FRP-Reinforced Concrete Beams Based on Genetic Algorithms Approach,” The 2008 Structures Congress, Vancouver Canada, April 24-26.
- El-Chabib H., Nehdi M., and Said A., 2007, “Shear Design Equations for FRP- Reinforced Concrete Beams Based on Genetic Algorithms Approach,” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers, V. 19, No 12, pp. 1033-1042.
- El-Chabib H. and Nehdi M., 2006, “Effect of Mixture Design Parameters on Segregation of Self-Consolidating Concrete,” ACI Materials Journal, V. 103, No. 5, pp. 374-383.
- El-Chabib H. and Nehdi M., 2005, “Neural Network Modeling of Properties of Cement-Based Materials Demystified,” Journal of Advances in Cement Research, Elsevier, V. 17, No. 3, pp. 91-102.
- Director of the concrete laboratory, 2007-present
- Director of the CEC Budget, 2009-present
- Member of the bridge pal committee, 2007-present
- Member of the graduate committee, 2008-2010
- Member of the university senates, 2010-present
- Member of the American Concrete Institute, ACI, 2004-present
- Reviewer for several refereed International journals