Jobst Hall 413A
Ph.D., Structural Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia
M.S., Structural Engineering, Zagazig University
B.S., Civil Engineering, Zagazig University
Dr. Ibrahim joined the Department of Civil Engineering and Construction at Bradley University in August 2010. He has worked as a structural engineer in the United States and abroad for more than eight years. Dr. Ibrahim’s area of expertise includes non-linear behavior of concrete, modeling, and damage of reinforced and pre-stressed concrete elements under static, and blast loadings. His research includes experimental, analytical and finite element modeling of reinforced concrete structures. He has developed a damage model of R/C concrete slabs under blast loading based on wave propagation in solids. He is an active reviewer for several structural journals. He is a member of several professional organizations including; ACI, ASCE, and SEI.
- Structural Analysis
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Bridge design
- Blast Design
- Seismic Design
- Ibrahim A., Salim H., Shehab El-Din H., “Linear and Nonlinear Analysis of Waffle Slabs with and without Openings”, ASCE Structural Congress, Austin-Texas, 2009.
- Ibrahim A., and Salim H., “Assessment of Concrete Box Girder Bridges under Blast Load”, Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Short and Medium Span Bridges, Niagara Falls, Canada 2010.
- Ibrahim A., and Salim H., “Numerical Prediction of the dynamic response of Prestressed Concrete Box Girder Bridges under Blast Loads”, Proceedings of 11th International LS-DYNA® Users Conference, 2010, Dearborn, MI.
- Ibrahim A., Salim H., Flood I., “Damage Size Prediction of Reinforced Concrete Slabs under Blast Loads using Artificial Neural Networks”, ASCE Structures Congress, 2011., Las Vegas, Nevada
- B. Lusk, H. Salim, K. Perry, M. Nawar, W.C. Wedding, S. Kiger, and A. Ibrahim “Modeling and Testing of Laminated Window Systems under Blast Loading”, ASCE Structures Congress , 2011., Las Vegas, Nevada
- Ibrahim A., and Salim H., “Damage Model of Reinforced Concrete Slabs under Near-Field Blast.”, International Journal of Protective Structures, (Under Review).
- Ibrahim A., and Salim H., “Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Bridges und Close-In Detonations”, ASCE journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, (submitted).
- Ibrahim A., Salim H., and Shehab Eldin H, “Moment Coefficients for Design of Waffle Slabs with and without Openings.”, Journal of Engineering Structures,……(under Review).
- Haijian Shia, Salim Hani, Guowei Mac, Ibrahim Ahmed,” Combined Failure Modes for Beams Subjected to Triangular Impulsive Loads.”, International Journal of Impact Engineering,…. ……(Under Review).
- Bridge-Pal Program at Bradley University.
- Reviewer of Structural Journal Papers.
- International engagement award and outstanding Contribution for internationalizing the University of Missouri – Columbia., 2010
- Former President of the Structural Engineering Association of Kansas and Missouri (SEAKM), 2007-2010.
- Served for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) to evaluate the condition of 40 university buildings at Peru, South America, 2008.