Jobst Hall 232
Ph.D., Civil & Env. Engineering, University of Iowa
M.S., Civil & Env. Engineering, University of Iowa
B.Tech., Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Dr. Maillacheruvu graduated from I.I.T. Madras (1985) with a B.Tech. in Civil Engineering. After working briefly in India, he earned M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Civil and Environmental Engineering from University of Iowa (1993). After postdoctoral work at the University of Florida, Gainesville, Dr. Maillacheruvu taught at Polytechnic University, Brooklyn NY (now part of NYU) from 1994 to 1997.
- 14-Present Professor, Bradley University, IL
- 04-14 Associate Professor, Bradley University, IL
- 97-04 Assistant Professor, Bradley University, IL
- 94-97 Assistant Professor, Polytechnic University, NY
- 92-93 Post-Doctoral Research Associate, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- 84-85 Project Engineer, Ocean Engg. Center, I.I.T., Madras, India
- Design Engineer Intern, Kakuman Consultants Pvt Ltd., Madras, India
Dr. Maillacheruvu’s primary teaching interests are in the areas of environmental engineering, particularly in biological treatment processes, environmental modeling and fluid mechanics. He has also taught numerical methods, geotechnical engineering and pavement design.
Dr. Maillacheruvu’s research interests include biological treatment systems (aerobic and anaerobic), industrial waste treatment and reuse, mathematical modeling of environmental systems (water), and hazardous waste treatment and management, soil and groundwater clean up. He is currently working on electrokinetics-enhanced bioremediation, nutrient removal from wastewater and energy production from anaerobic processes. In addition to over 35 publications in national and international journals and conferences, Dr. Maillacheruvu has co-authored three books/book chapters in the field of environmental engineering.
Dr. Maillacheruvu serves as the Undergraduate Programs Coordinator, Academic Advisor for Civil Engineering undergraduates, Chair of the Teaching Excellence Committee, Chair of the Service Excellence Committee, and CEC Publicity. Dr. Maillacheruvu is also involved in several community outreach activities.
Licensures & Certifications
- Professional Engineer (New York)
Honors and Awards
- 2013 Academic Advisor of the Year, Bradley University
- 2012 ASCE Faculty Advisor of the Year (Region 3)
- 2011 Outstanding Faculty Award, CEC Department, Bradley University
- 2010 Putnam Award for Teaching Excellence, Bradley University
- 2010 Outstanding Faculty Award, CEC Department, Bradley University