Jobst Hall 209
Ph.D., Transportation Engineering, Wayne State University
M.S., Civil Engineering, Wayne State University
B.S., Civil Engineering, Wayne State University
- Assistant Professor, Bradley University , Peoria , IL Aug 2005 – Present
- Assistant Professor-Research, Wayne State University , Detroit , MI Oct. 2003 – July 2005
- Research Scientist, Wayne State University , Detroit , MI , May 2003 – Sep. 2003
- Graduate Research Assistant, Wayne State University , Detroit , MI Sep. 1997 – Apr. 2003
- Student Assistant, Wayne State University , Detroit , MI Sep. 1995 – Aug. 1997
- Technician, Engineering Testing and Services, Inc., Plymouth, MI May 1995 – Aug. 1995
- CE 100: Introduction to Civil Engineering
- CE 310: Probability, Statistics & Decision-Making in CE.
- CE 480: Transportation Engineering
- CE 492: Assessment of International Transportation Systems
- CE 580: Highway Safety
- CE 583: Geometric Design of Highways
- CE 587: Traffic Signal Design
- CE 588: Transportation Economics
- CE 592: Urban Transportation Planning
- CE 591: Traffic Flow Theory
- CE 591: Sustainable Transportation Systems
- Evaluation of Flashing Yellow Arrows (FYA) for Protected/ Permissive Left Turn (PPLT) Control ICT R27-97, (PI- Schattler), Sponsored by the Illinois Center for Transportation, Nov 2010 – Nov 2012. External grant.
- Implementing Pavement Management Systems for Local Agencies ICT R27-87, (PI of subcontract- Schattler), Sponsored by the Illinois Center for Transportation in conjunction with Applied Pavement Technology, Inc., May 2010 – Oct 2011. External grant.
- Implementation of a Pavement Management System for the Peoria County Highway Department, (PI-Schattler), Sponsored by Peoria County, Apr. 2007 – Dec. 2008. External grant.
- Work Zone Safety Grant – Utility Work Zone Safety and Traffic Control, (PI of subcontract – Schattler), Sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration in conjunction with Wayne State University, Oct. 2006 – Sep. 2008. External grant.
- Impact of Signal Mounting Configuration on Intersection Safety and Operation, (PI-Schattler), Sponsored by a Caterpillar Fellowship, Sep. 2007 – Aug. 2008. Internal grant.
- Evaluation of Safety and Operations at Countdown Pedestrian Signals, (PI-Schattler), Sponsored by a Caterpillar Fellowship, Jun. 2006 – May 2007. Internal grant.
Journal Publications (Selected List)
- Schattler, K.S., McAvoy, D.S., Christ, M.T., and Glauber, C.M. Impact of Signal Mounting Configurations on Red-Light Running at Urban Signalized Intersections. In ITE Journal, Institute of Transportation Engineers, Washington, D.C., February 2011.
- Schattler, K.L., Wakim, J.G., McAvoy, D.S., and Datta, T.K. Evaluation of Pedestrian and Driver Behavior at Countdown Pedestrian Signals in Peoria, Illinois. In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board No. 2002, TRB, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 2007.
- McAvoy, D.S., Schattler, K.S., and Datta, T.K. Driving Simulator Validation for Nighttime Construction Work Zone Devices. In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board No. 2015, TRB, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 2007.
- Schattler, K.L., Pellerito, J., McAvoy, D., and Datta, T.K. Assessing Driver Distractions from Cell Phone Use While Driving – A Simulator-Based Study. In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board No. 1980, TRB, National Research Council, Washington, D.C., 2006, pp. 87-94.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB)- University Representative
- Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) member
- TRB & ITE Journal Reviewer
- Illinois Center for Transportation (ICT) Representative on the Traffic Operations & Roadside Maintenance Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
- Women in Transportation Seminars (WTS)
- Graduate Coordinator
- Research Excellence Committee Director
- Teaching Excellence Committee Member
- Search Committee Member
- Center for Emerging Technologies in Infrastructure (CETI)
- Conference Committee Member for International Construction Innovation Conference (ICIC)
- Innovations Conference on Asphalt and Transportation (ICAT)
- CEC Undergraduate Recruiting Member
- Peoria Sustainability Commissioner.
Licensures & Certifications
Honors and Awards
2008 CEC Outstanding Faculty Award Recipient Department of Civil Engineering and Construction Bradley University
- Member of Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- Member of Chi Epsilon– National Civil Engineering Honor Society
- Member of Women in Transportation Seminars (WTS)