The Department of Civil Engineering and Construction (CEC) is located in the newly renovated Jobst Engineering complex. This building also houses the College of Engineering and Technology as well as the mechanical and electrical engineering departments. The department utilizes 14 excellent laboratory facilities. They include the following:
- Asphalt laboratory.
- Civil Engineering Senior Project laboratory.
- Computer and Multimedia laboratory/classroom.
- Computer laboratory
- Concrete laboratory.
- Construction laboratory.
- Construction Senior Project laboratory
- Design laboratory.
- Environmental laboratory.
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics laboratory (Shared Facility).
- Geotechnical laboratory.
- Graduate/research laboratory.
- Structural laboratory
- Surveying laboratory.
Students and faculty also have access to a well equipped machine shop and a number of conference rooms that are maintained by the College of Engineering and Technology.