The Mechanical Contractors Association of America, Inc. (MCAA) established the Student Chapter program to attract well-educated and qualified young people to the mechanical, service, and plumbing contracting industry. The chapter program may be considered an educational extension for student members who are majoring in construction education, mechanical engineering, architectural engineering and other similar disciplines relating to the mechanical construction and service industry.
Students develop skills in the represented fields through chapter activities, which they plan and implement, and/or
through special events and projects made available to them through MCAA.
The MCAA-provided activities include:
- The annual Student Chapter Competition
- The annual Student Chapter Summit
- Student Activities at MCAA’s Annual Convention
At the chapter level, students have numerous opportunities to develop a variety of professional
skills through projects and activities of their own determination. These may include:
- Participation in the annual MCAA Student Chapter Competition
- Field trips to project sites, mechanical systems installations, etc.
- Heats On
- Habitat for Humanity projects
- Chapter meetings
- Arranging for guest speakers
- Golf outings with MCA sponsoring association
- Participation in MCA membership meetings
- “Meet and Greet,” “Pizza n’ Pop” parties or other similar member recruiting events
Kurtis Knapp - President
Ernesto Almazan - Vice-President
Logan Schultz - Secretary/Treasurer
Jeff Brandes - Project Coordinator
2012-2013 MCAA Officers
Derik Leary - Social Chair