Bhagat Singh Fund
The Bhagat Singh Fund was established in 1988 by the family, friends and colleagues of Dr. Singh. The purpose of this endowed fund is to provide monies for scholarships and educational projects that enhance student learning.
Dr. Singh came to us via Shankar, Jullundur, Punjab, India. After completing high school in India, Dr. Singh attended the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Illinois (B.S., electrical engineering). At the urging of Professor Hildebrand (Berkeley) Bhagat returned to the University of Illinois where he earned the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees, the latter in 1940. After working for American Gas Association (Cleveland) and Corn Products (Argo, Ill.), he came to Bradley University in 1948. Upon his retirement in 1977, we found that he was irreplaceable, so he taught part-time until his passing in 1997. In 1964 Dr. Singh received Bradley's prestigious Putnam Award for excellence in teaching.