Bradley Hall 336B
Ph.D., History, University of New Mexico
M.A., History, University of Tulsa
B.S.B.A., University of Tulsa
- HIS 201 Violence, Crime, and Punishment in U.S. History
- HIS 204 United States History Since 1877
- HIS 303 American Urban History
- HIS 308 Social Movements in Recent U.S. History
- HIS 308 American West
- HIS 309 The History of U.S. Law Enforcement
- HIS 350 Junior Seminar in Historical Methods
- HIS 450 U.S. History Senior Research Seminar: American Journeys
- “Holding Out for a Hero: Patty Hearst and American Culture in the Seventies” in Reviews in American History (forthcoming January 2012).
- Co-edited with Kathy Brosnan: City Dreams, Country Schemes: Community and Identity in the American West (University of Nevada Press, 2011).
- "Patriots for Peace: People-to-People Diplomacy and the Antiwar Movement" in Andrew Weist, Mary Kathryn Barbier, and Glenn Robins, eds., America and the Vietnam War: Re-examining the Culture & History of a Generation (Routledge, 2010), 121-140.
- “Remaking Urban in the American West: Urban Environmentalism, Lifestyle Liberalism, and Hip Capitalism in Boulder, Colorado, 1950-2000” in Jeff Roche, ed., The Political Legacies of the American West (University of Kansas Press, 2008).
- “National Liberal, Hometown Radical, New Populist Politician: The Life of Fred Harris,” Chronicles of Oklahoma, vol. LXXXIII, no. 1 (Spring 2005): 4-33.
- “Health Food Movement” in Immanuel Ness, ed., The Encyclopedia of American Social Movements, Vol. 3 (M.E. Sharpe Publisher, 2004), 1014-1019.
- “American Buddhism” in Immanuel Ness, ed., The Encyclopedia of American Social Movements, Vol. 3 (M.E. Sharpe Publisher, 2004), 1029-1033.
- “Cities and Suburbs” in David Farber and Beth Bailey, eds., The Columbia Guide to America in the 1960s (Columbia University Press, 2001), 263-272.
- Faculty Senate, 2009-2011
- Women’s Studies Committee
- Criminal Justice Studies Committee
- Co-founder of Bradley Anti-Slavery Coalition