Bradley Hall 187
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Cincinnati
B.S., Computer Science & Engineering, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Dr. Yun Wang joined Bradley University as an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems in Fall 2011. From August 2008, she was an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville, IL. She received the Ph.D. degree in computer science and engineering in 2008 at University of Cincinnati, Ohio. She received the B.S. degree in computer science and engineering in 2001 at Wuhan University, Hubei, China.
Courses to be taught at Bradley University
- CS 103 - Data Structures
- CIS 430/530 - Information Technology Infrastructure
Courses taught before joining Bradley University
- CS314 - Operation Systems
- CS340 - Data Structure and Algorithms
- CS447 - Data Communication and Networking
- CS490/590 - Wireless Networks
- CS595 - Topic paper
- CS495/595 - Independent Study
Dr. Yun Wang’s research interests include network modeling and analysis, performance evaluation and optimization, wireless local area networks, wireless sensor networks, wireless mesh networks, and mobile computing. She has published more than twenty journal and proceedings papers in her field. She was awarded four internal grants from Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville and one external grant from Wuhan University Open Fund, China in the time period of 2008 – 2012.
- Technical Journal and Conference Reviewer
- A member of Program Committee and Session Chair of the 17th IEEE International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems (MASCOTS), 2009, 2010, and 2011.
- A member of Program Committee of International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), 2010