Computer Game Technology Minor
The Computer Game Technology minor provides students with essential background, understanding, knowledge, and skills in the practice of computer game software design and development. The minor is comprised of 23 semester hours of study including 17 semester hours of required courses and 6 semester hours of elective courses as outlined below.
- CS 101 Introduction to Programming or equivalent - 4 hrs.
- CS 102 Data Structures or equivalent - 3 hrs.
- CS 140 Programming in C++ or equivalent - 1 hr.
- CIS 451 Computer Game Design - 3 hrs.
- CIS 452 Computer Game Modification - 3 hrs.
- CIS 459 Computer Game Capstone Project - 3 hrs.
Elective courses (choose two from the following):
- CIS 453 Concepting and Storytelling - 3 hrs.
- CIS 455 Computer Graphics - 3 hrs.
- CIS 456 Game Engine Programming - 3 hrs.
- CIS 457 Digital Animation - 3 hrs.
- CIS 458 Sound Design - 3 hrs.