The Writing Center is located in Bradley Hall Room 390. Appointments can be made by calling 309-677-3254 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins and Skype appointments are also welcome.
Spring 2017 Hours:
*Beginning January 30th
Sunday* - 2 to 6 pm
Monday - 8:30 am to 9 pm
Tuesday - 10 am to 5:30 pm
Wednesday - 10:30 am to 9 pm
Thursday - 10 am to 5:30 pm
Friday - 8:30 am to 12Noon
Saturday* - 9 am to 12Noon
*Weekends: Use door by elevator to enter Bradley Hall.
- Call or E-mail for an appointment.
- Bring assignment prompt/rubric, rough draft and questions.
- On-campus and distance appointments available.
- Walk-ins also welcome.
Writing Center Contact Information
Walk-in: Bradley Hall 390
Writing Center Policies
The tutors at the Writing Center are committed to assisting as many students as possible. The following policies allow us to provide that service. We appreciate your understanding. Our policies include:
- Students need to walk-in or make an appointment 24 hours BEFORE their paper is due.
- Tutorial sessions are scheduled for, and limited to, 30 minutes.
- Appointments take precedence over walk-in meetings.
- To avoid disruption and distraction, we ask that cell phone use be kept to an essential minimum.
- Students must come to sessions prepared with a hard copy of their draft.
- They should also be prepared with their assignment sheet and specific questions on which to base tutorial sessions.
- Electronic drafts are not acceptable for review.
Please understand that we are tutors, not editors. We are here to help students improve their writing, not simply to correct their mistakes.
The Writing Center offers online appointments via Skype. To learn more or to schedule a remote appointment, call or e-mail the Writing Center during hours of operation at 309-677-3254 or email@example.com.