The Writing Center is located in Bradley Hall Room 390. Appointments can be made by calling 309-677-3254. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Spring 2015 - Writing Center is CLOSED for the Semester.
- Please check back in September for 2015 Fall Semester Writing Center Hours.
Writing Center Policies
The tutors at the Writing Center are committed to assisting as many students as possible. The following policies allow us to provide that service. We appreciate your understanding. Our policies include:
- Students need to walk-in or make an appointment 24 hours before their paper is due.
- Tutorial sessions are scheduled for, and limited to, 30 minutes.
- Appointments take precedence over walk-in meetings.
- To avoid disruption and distraction, we ask that cell phone use be kept to an essential minimum.
- Students must come to sessions prepared with a hard copy of their draft.
- They should also be prepared with their assignment sheet and specific questions on which to base tutorial sessions.
- Electronic drafts are not acceptable for review.
Please understand that we are tutors, not editors. We are here to help students improve their writing, not simply to correct their mistakes.