Management Information Systems Minor
A minor in management information systems will provide an opportunity for students to enhance their knowledge and credentials in the use and development of computer software and/or hardware. The minor will provide students with an opportunity to be employed in the IS field, give them the skills that will make them the ideal liaison between IS professionals and experts in other functional areas of an organization, and the technological base to become valuable “power users” of essential software applications, such as spreadsheets, databases, and e-commerce tools. The minor will allow the student to develop focused expertise in one of the distinct fields that comprise the breadth of the information systems professional. The minor is open to all majors across campus.
The minor requires 15 hours.
- BMA 173 Information Systems and Business Applications – 3 hrs.
- BMA 272 Management Applications of Personal Computers - 3 hrs.
- BMA 276 Developing Information Systems for E-Commerce - 3 hrs.
Elective Courses (choose two from the following)
- BMA 373 Business Data Communications - 3 hrs.
- BMA 374 Database Management and Administration - 3 hrs.
- BMA 375 Business Systems Analysis and Design - 3 hrs.
- BMA 378 HCI and Usability Testing - 3 hrs.
- BMA 379 Information Systems Security - 3 hrs.