Dr. Hertich nominated for French translation prize
July 22, 2011
On March 14, 2011, the French-American Foundation and the Florence Gould Foundation announced the finalists for their 24th Annual Translation Prizes for superior English translations of French works published in 2010. There will be one Fiction and one Non-Fiction prize presented at the annual Awards Ceremony, with each winner receiving a $10,000 cash prize funded by the Florence Gould Foundation. The winners will be honored at a ceremony in May in New York.
The Finalists in the Fiction category are:
- Mitzi Angel for 03 by Jean-Christophe Valtat (Farrar, Straus & Giroux)
- Alexander Hertich for Dying by René Belletto (Dalkey Archive Press)
- Anna Moschovakis for The Jokers by Albert Cossery (New York Review of Books)
- Lydia Davis for Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (Viking/Penguin Group)
- Alison Anderson for A Novel Bookstore by Laurence Cossé (Europa Editions)
Congratulations, Dr. Hertich!