Morgan Hall 109B
Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, Iowa State University
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
If you wish please download a copy of my profile.
Honors and Awards:
- Research Excellence Award, Iowa State University 2008
- Engineering Student Council Leadership Award, Iowa State University 2007
- Manufacturing Processes and Systems
- Rapid Prototyping
- Reverse Engineering
- Computational Geometry
- Ye Li and Matthew C. Frank, “Computing Axes of Rotation for Setup Planning using Visibility of Polyhedral CAD Models”, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, v 134, 2012, p 041005(1 -9). eISSN: 1528-8935
- Y. Li, NP Surisetti, J.C. Chen, “Measuring External Profiles of Porous Objects using CMM”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (published online Mar 2012) ISSN: 1433-3015
- Ye Li and Jian Zhang, “Determining Optimal Building Direction for Rapid Prototyping based on Unit Sphere Searching”, Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conferences August 12-15, 2012, Chicago, IL, USA
- Joseph C. Chen, Ye Li, Brett D. Shady, “From Value-Stream Mapping Toward a Lean/Sigma Continuous Improvement Process: an Industrial Case Study”, International Journal of Production Research, v 48, issue 4, 2010, p 1069 – 1086.
- Y.H. Li, J.C. Feng, Y. Li, and Y.H. Wang, “Stochastic Fractal Modeling and Process Planning for Machining using Two-Dimensional Iterated Function System”, Key Engineering Materials Vols. 392-394, 2009, p 575-579.
- Joseph C. Chen, Ye Li, Ronald A. Cox, “Taguchi-based Six Sigma Approach to Optimize Plasma Cutting Process: An Industrial Case Study”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 41, 2009, p760-769.
- Bernie P. Huang, Joseph C. Chen and Ye Li, “Artificial-Neural-Networks Based Surface Roughness Pokayoke System for End-Milling Operations”, Journal of Neurocomputing, v 71, issues 4-6, 2008, p 544-549.
- Ye Li and Matthew C. Frank, “Computing Non-Visibility of Convex Polygonal Facets on the Surface of a Polyhedral CAD Model”, Computer-Aided Design, v 39, n 9, 2007, p 732–744.
- Ye Li and Matthew C. Frank. “Machinability Analysis for 3-Axis Flat End Milling”, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Transactions of the ASME, v 128, n 2, May, 2006, p 454-464.
- Jun Hu, Ye Li, Yuhan Wang, and Jianguo Cai, “Adaptive Sampling Method for Laser Measuring Free-form Surface”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, v 24, n 11-12, December, 2004, p 886-890.
- Jun Hu, Ye Li, Yuhan Wang, and Jianguo Cai, “Route Planning for Irregular Measuring Area Based on Polygon Approximation”, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, v 22, n 7-8, 2003, p 568-573.
- Yuhan Wang, Jun Hu, and Ye Li, “Study on the Reconfigurable Model in Open CNC Kernal”, Special Issue, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, v 138, n 1-3, Jul 20, 2003, p 472-474.
- Ye Li and Matthew C. Frank, “Determining the Geometric Machinability of Flat End Mills for 3-Axis CNC Machining with an Indexer”, Proceedings of the 33 Annual North American Manufacturing Research Conference, New York, NY , Vol. 33, 2005, p1-8.
- Ye Li and Abhinav Anand, “A Conformable Molding System For Fabricating Multi-Material Near Net Shape Parts”, Proceedings of the 10th Annual International Conference on Industrial Engineering – Theory, Applications and Practice, Clearwater, Florida, 2005, p 330-335.