Interactive Media Major
- Students majoring in Interactive Media must have a grade point average of 2.50 for all required courses taken in the major. Students must also earn a C or better in every required course within the major. Both requirements include courses required for the concentration and courses outside the Department that are required for the major.
- Students may not enroll in Interactive Media courses for which a required course is a prerequisite unless they have earned a C or better in the required course.
Interactive Media Core Requirements
Within the Interactive Media department, all students must take a set of core requirements that give them experience in all areas of the Interactive Media concentrations. All students must earn a C or better in these core classes. Students may not enroll in Interactive Media courses for which a core course is a prerequisite unless they have earned a C or better in the core course.
- ART 105 - Two-Dimensional Design
- ART 205 - Typographic Design
- IM 113 - Introduction to Interactive Media
- IM 115 - Introduction to Interactive Media Development
- IM 213 - Basic Interactive Media Authoring
- IM 215 - Introduction to Scripting Languages
- IM 250 - Introduction to New Media Theory
- IM 285 - Introduction to Video for Interactive Media
- IM 313 - Intermediate Interactive Media Authoring
- IM 350 - Intellectual Property Law and New Media
- IM 365 - Web Design
- IM 426 - Interactive Media Portfolio
Concentrations 21-22 hours
Within the Interactive Media program, students must choose one concentration from the three available in the department. These include Animation and Visual Effects, Game Design, and Web and Application Design.
TOTAL HOURS REQUIRED: 56 - 57