Associate Professor & Director, Professional Sales Program
Baker Hall 403
Ph D, Marketing, Texas Tech University
MBA, Marketing, Texas Tech University
BS, Psychology – Sam Houston State University
Dr. Johlke has been a member of the Marketing faculty at Bradley University since 2003. Previously, he spent six years in the Management & Marketing Department at the University of North Carolina at
Wilmington. Prior to entering academe he worked in sales in the computer hardware and software industries.
- Marketing Presentations – MTG 205
- Professional Selling – MTG 304
- Advanced Professional Selling – MTG 404
- Experiential Learning in Sales – MTG 493
- Selling & Sales Management – MTG 644
In 2007 Dr. Johlke received the MPG Ingredients Innovation in Teaching Award to recognize his efforts in developing and directing the Professional Sales Program within the BU Marketing Department.
Dr. Johlke's primary research areas are sales manager-salesperson communication, salesperson selling skills, and organizational and sales force culture and environment.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Iyer, Rajesh, and Mark C. Johlke (2015), “The Role of External Customer Mindset Among Service Employees,” Journal of Services Marketing, 28 (1), 38-48.
- Nagy, Brian G., and Mark C. Johlke (2013), “Selling in the New Venture Context: Influencing Buyer Intentions Through the Liabilities and Assets of Newness,” Journal of Selling and Major Account Management, 13 (1), 58-68.
- Johlke, Mark C., and Rajesh Iyer (2013), “A Model of Retail Job Characteristics, Employee Ambiguity, Job Attitudes, and Sales Performance,” Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 20 (1), 58-67.
- Johlke, Mark C. (2007), "Antecedents and Outcomes of Salesperson Perceptions of Organizational Support," Journal of Selling & Major Account Management, 7 (2), 8-19.
- Johlke, Mark C. (2006), "Sales Presentation Skills and Salesperson Job Performance, Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing, 21 (5), 311-319.
- Stamper, Christina L. and Mark C. Johlke (2003), "The Impact of Perceived Organizational Support on the Relationship Between Boundary Spanner Role Stress and Work Outcomes," Journal of Management 29 (4), 569-588.
- Shoemaker, Mary E. and Mark C. Johlke (2002), "An Examination of the Antecedents of a Crucial Selling Skill: Asking Questions," Journal of Managerial Issues 14 (1), 118-131.
- Johlke, Mark C., Christina L. Stamper, and Mary E. Shoemaker (2002), "Antecedents to Boundary-Spanner Perceived Organizational Support," Journal of Managerial Psychology 17 (2), 116-128.
- Johlke, Mark C. and Dale F. Duhan (2001), "Testing Competing Models of Sales Force Communication," The Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management 21 (Fall), 265-278.
- Johlke, Mark C. and Dale F. Duhan (2001), "Supervisor Communication Practices and Boundary Spanner Role Ambiguity," Journal of Managerial Issues 13 (Spring), 87-101.
- Johlke, Mark C. and Dale F. Duhan (2000), "Supervisor Communication Practices and Service Employee Job Outcomes," Journal of Service Research, 3 (2), 154-165.
- Johlke, Mark C., Dale F. Duhan, Roy D. Howell, and Robert W. Wilkes (2000), "An Integrated Model of Sales Managers' Communication Practices," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 28 (2), 263-277.
- Sparks, John R. and Mark C. Johlke (1996), "Factors Influencing Student Perceptions Of Unethical Behavior By Personal Salespeople: An Experimental Investigation," Journal of Business Ethics, 15 (August), 871-887.
- Vice President, USCA (University Sales Center Alliance), 2011- Present
- AMA Sales SIG Vice-Chair for Awards and Recognition, 2010 -Present
- Chair, USCA Program on Teaching Effectiveness, 2010 - 2011
- Appointed Member, USCA Program on Enhancing Sales Research, 2010 - 2011
- BU Sales Program representative to the USCA, 2005 - Present
- Executive Board, National Conference in Sales Management (NCSM), 2001 - 2010
- Executive Director, NCSM, 2009 - 2011
- Conference Chair, NCSM, 2007 - 2009
- Proceedings Editor, NCSM, 2006
- Chair, NCSM Doctoral Student Sales Research Program, 2002 - 2005
- Session Chair for NCSM, 1999 - 2005
- Session Chair for 2010 Winter AMA - Selling & Sales Management Track
- Track Chair for 2007 SMA - Selling & Sales Management Track
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management, 2003 - Present
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Selling and Major Account Management, 2005 - Present
- Editorial Review Board, International Journal of Management & Marketing, 2007 - Present
- Editorial Review Board, International Journal of Business & Finance, 2006 - 2007
- Ad hoc reviewer for Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Managerial Issues, European Journal of Marketing