Baker Hall 123B
Ph.D., University of Missouri
M.B.A., Washington University
B.B.A., Oklahoma Baptist University
Dr. Garrett was appointed Associate Dean of the Foster College of Business Administration in May 2013. Dr. Garrett is also a member of the Marketing Faculty at Bradley since 2006. Prior to coming to Bradley he worked for seven years as a consultant and manager at Arthur Andersen. At Andersen he executed strategic consulting in sales, marketing, and supply chain management and developed best practices for most business procedures in several industries including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, insurance, and consumer goods.
Jason instructs his classes to develop practical knowledge. Sales role plays, practice interviews, speakers, and practical examples are regularly used in classes.
Courses Currently Teaching
- Professional Selling – MTG 304
- Advanced Professional Selling – MTG 404
- Sales Management – MTG 384
Dr. Garrett's research is focused in understanding behavioral and financial impacts of the firm's strategic marketing decisions in sales management and business-to-business relationships. This includes research on customer lifetime value, sales teams, sales contests, and supplier performance. Methodologies used include surveys, experiments, and mathematical modeling.
- Scheer, Lisa K., C. Fred Miao, and Jason Garrett (2010) "The Effects of Supplier Capabilities on Industrial Customers' Loyalty: The Mediating Role of Dependence," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, (2010) 38, 90-104.
- Jason Garrett and Srinath Gopalakrishna (2010) "Customer Value Impact of Sales Contests," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, (2010), 38, 777-786.