Liang (Jason) Hong
Bradley Hall 464
Fellow, Society of Actuaries (SOA)
B.A., Economics and Investment Management, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
Ph.D., Mathematics, Purdue University
Liang Hong has taught courses in calculus, probability, statistics, theory of interest and life contingency.
Some Selected Publications
- A remark on alternative expectation formula. (2012) The American Statistician, to appear
- Contingent Means in Multi-life Models. (2012) (with J. Sarkar), Scandinavian Actuarial Journal, to appear
- The information content of the banking regulatory agencies and the depositary credit intermediation institutions. (2012) (with A. Elshahat and A. Parhizgar) Journal of Economics and Business, 64, 90-104.
- A standby system with two repair persons under arbitrary life- and repair times. (2010) (with B. Bruno and J. Sarkar) Mathematical and Computer Modeling. 51 (5-6), pp. 756-767.
- A standby system with two types of repair persons. (2010) (with B. Bruno and J. Sarkar) Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry. 26 (5), pp. 577-594.
Grants and Fellowships
- Society of Actuaries Institutional Grant, $7,500, in progress, Principal Investigator
- State Farm Actuarial Science Grant, $25,000, funded, Principal Investigator (with G. Knott), June, 2012.
- State Farm Actuarial Science Grant, $25,000, funded, Principal Investigator (with G. Knott), July, 2011.
- Society of Actuaries Institutional Grant, $5,000, funded, Principal Investigator, 2010.
- Bradley University Caterpillar Fellowship, $5,000, funded, Principal Investigator, twice, 2009 and 2011
Reviewing Service for Academic Journals
- Insurance: Mathematics and Economics
- Journal of Operations Research Society
- Statistics and Its Interface
- Society of Actuaries (SOA)
- American Risk and Insurance Association (ARIA)
- American Finance Association (AFA)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- International Chinese Statistical Association (ICSA)
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
Advisor to Actuarial Science-Mathematics (ASM) majors
Faculty advisor to Gamma Iota Sigma (The insurance, risk management and actuarial science club at Bradley).