The Faculty of the Mechanical Engineering Department at Bradley University possess a wide-range of experimental and computational skills. Their individual areas of expertise are listed below.
Solid Mechanics/Mechanical Systems
- Abou-Hanna - Materials Testing, Failure Analysis, Design, Elevated Temperature Design, Nano-Scale Experimental, Mechanics of Engineered Surfaces, Vehicle Mechanics, Impact Dynamics.
- Elbella - FEA, Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Design and Analysis, Composite Materials, Optimization.
- Henderson - Upper extremity musculoskeletal biomechanics (measurement and mathematical modeling), Rehabilitation (assistive technology) Design
- Johnson - Internal Combustion Engines, instrumentation & measurement, knowledge and skill in machining process such as waterjet and EDM cutting.
- Kim - Fluid Power Control System, Digital and Analog Electronics, Dynamics, Vibrations, Instrumentation, MATLAB.
- Nair - FEA, CAD, Biomechanics, Tissue Engineering, Design of Medical Devices, Rapid Prototyping.
- Podlasek - Engineering Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Robotics, Energy Policy, Material Science, Biomedical Engineering.
- Reyer - Design, Optimization, Programming (all languages), Controls, Mechatronics, Robotics, Instrumentation, Sensors, Data Acquisition, MATLAB, Macros, LabView.
- Timpe - Instrumentation, Materials Science, Tribology, Microelectromechanical systems, system dynamics
- Fakheri - Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Heat Transfer, Heat Exchangers, Experimental Heat Transfer, Queuing Theory, LabView, Fluent, Fortran.
- Mehta - Energy Management, HVAC, Instrumentation and Control Systems, Materials Science, Energy Systems.
- Morris - Aerodynamics, Design, Product and Process Development, Pressure-Sensitive Paint, Wind Tunnel Testing, Supersonic Flows, Bio-fluid Flows, Plastic Gear Testing, Fortran
- Vafaei - (to be submitted later)
- Zietlow - Experimental Thermal Sciences, Optimization of Thermal Systems, Engineering Equation Solver, Two-phase flow, Influence of Thermal Systems on the Environment, HVAC, Heat Transfer, Nucleate Boiling