Baker Hall 325
Ph.D., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of Tennessee
B.A., Management and Psychology, The University of Northern Iowa
Jennifer teaches in undergraduate, MBA, and executive programs in the areas of leadership, organizational culture, and strategic human resources management. She has coauthored three books; A Life in Balance: Finding Meaning in a Chaotic World, The Great Workplace: How to Build It, How to Keep It, and Why It Matters and No Excuses: How You Can Turn Any Workplace Into A Great One. Her many research interests include the importance of values and stories to organizational culture, and psychological shifts in employee contact.
Jennifer is also a Research Fellow and an Adjunct Consultant at Great Place to Work® Institute. A former Senior Consultant with the Institute, she led the Advisory Practice, helping senior leaders align their organization’s culture with its strategy and aligning efforts to be a great workplace. Jennifer has experience working in diverse industries such as biotechnology, information technology, manufacturing, professional services, healthcare, and energy.
In her spare time, Jennifer can be found at great restaurants, on hiking trails, in airports, or writing in coffee shops.
Jennifer’s courses are theory based, but focus on the personal application of theory and each student’s potential as a leader and successful professional. She has won several teaching and advising awards, including Bradley University’s prestigious Caterpillar New Faculty Award for Teaching, Phi Chi Theta’s Outstanding Faculty Award, and Foster College of Business awards for Outstanding Advisor and Outstanding Organization Advisor.
- M&L (BMA) 350 Managing for Results in Organizations
- M&L (BMA) 615 Interpersonal Relations
- EMBA Modules Including: Attracting and Developing Talent, Dealing with Problem People, and Leading Successful Change
ProfMinute: "A Great Workplace"
Dr. Jennifer Robin was presented with the 2013 Caterpillar Inc. Faculty Achievement Award for Scholarship.
- Weinzimmer, L.G., Robin, J., & Michael, E.J. (2012). The measurement of strategic orientation and its efficacy in predicting financial performance. Journal of Business Strategies, 29(2), 167-185. (Acceptance rate: 25%)
- Marcum, T., Perry, S., & Robin, J. (2012). How to Lower Costs and Get More Commitment from your Employees who Travel: Tax and Managerial Implications of Employer Travel Reimbursement Policies. Journal of Legal Issues and Cases in Business (Acceptance rate: <20%).
- Robin, J. (2011). Good or great? Create your own great place to work by building trust. Leadership Excellence, 28(2), 16.
- Robin, J., & Reames, N. (2011). Scale development of the Great Workplace Self Assessment. Creating Trust, Pride, and Camaraderie in your Work Group: A Workshop for Managers. San Francisco: Pfeffer.
- Stephens, P. R., Stoner, C. R., McGowan, M. K., & Robin, J. (2007). Unintended consequences: Its disruption of work/life balance. Issues in Information Systems, 8(1), 179-184
- Stoner, C., and Robin, J. (2006). A Life in Balance: Finding Meaning in a Chaotic World. Lanham, MD: University Press.
- LeBreton, J. M., Barksdale, C. D., Robin, J., & James, L. R. (2007). Measurement issues associated with conditional reasoning tests of personality: Deception and Faking. Journal of Applied Psychology, 92, 1-16.
- Robin, J. (2006). Managing the Employment Relationship. In H. J. Bernardin, Human Resource Management (4thEd.). Boston, MA: Irwin, McGraw Hill.
- Stoner, C. R., Robin, J., & Russell-Chapin, L. (2005). On the Edge: Perceptions and Responses to Life Imbalance. Business Horizons, 48, 337-346.
- Fry, F.L., & Burgess, J. R. D. (2003). The end of affirmative action. Business Horizons, 46(6), 7-16.
- Burgess, J. R. D.. & Russell, J. E. A (2003). The effectiveness of distance learning initiatives in organizations. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 63 (2), 289-303.
- LeBreton, J. M., Burgess, J. R. D., Kaiser, R. B., Atchley, K. A., & James, L. R. (2003). The restriction of variance hypothesis within the context of multi-source performance ratings. Organizational Research Methods, 6, 80-128.
- Burgess, J. R. D. (2003). Affirmative Action in Employment. Equal Pay Act. Labor Markets. Progressive Discipline. Psychological Contract. In The Encyclopedia of Healthcare Management (pp. 12-14, 190-191, 319, 458-459, 464-465, respectively). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Burgess, J. R. D. (2003). Managing the Employment Relationship. In H. J. Bernardin, Human Resource Management (3rd Ed.). Boston, MA: Irwin, McGraw Hill.
- Russell, J. E. A., & Burgess, J. R. D. (1998). Success and women’s career adjustment. Journal of Career Assessment, 6 (4), 419-441.
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- American Psychological Association
- Academy of Management