Management & Leadership with concentration in Human Resource Management
Engage Business and Society
The concentration in Human Resource Management provides you with a solid foundation in the necessary skills and concepts to meet the complex challenges of strategic and operational human resources roles.
Opportunity to Innovate
Through the senior capstone project, you will work on a team to provide advice and consultation to a real business client during your final semester.
Projects may include:
- Designing business plans
- Analyzing markets
- Developing and implementing customer surveys
- Providing a written report and formal presentation
You may join innovative and leadership oriented organizations including:
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Phi Chi Theta, a co-ed business fraternity
- Women in Business (WIB)
Requirements for the Human Resource Management concentration include:
- BLW 355 Labor-Management Relations
- M L 356 Human Resource Management
- M L 357 Leadership and Interpersonal Behavior
- M L 358 Managerial Decision Making
- BLW 446 Employment Law
- M L 456 Compensation Management
- M L 457 Human Resource Theory & Program Design
- ECO 310 Labor Problems
- PSY 321 Industrial & Organizational Psychology or PSY 411 Tests & Measurements
Impact the World
Human Resource Management graduates have a 91% career outcomes rate. Recent graduates have been hired by these companies:
- Aon Hewitt
- Caterpillar Inc.
- RLI Corp.
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center