Bradley's unique Music Business program offers students the opportunity to not only study music, but also prepare to enter the music business industry. Students take advantage of our nationally recognized business college, build a solid foundation in music fundamentals, and complete a Music Business Internship (CFA301) in area of the industry of their choice. Topics such as copyright, intellectual property rights, arts management, retail sales, and the structure of the recording and publishing industry are covered in depth. Bradley’s affiliation with NAMM (The National Association of Music Merchants) allows its Music Business students access to the NAMM Show in Anaheim, California each January.
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree with a Major in Music Business
Students are required to take a minimum of four (4) semesters of Applied Music as well as an Ensemble class each semester.
43 of the required 63 hours must be earned through Music coursework.
Courses in the Music Business major may not be used to satisfy the requirements for a minor in the Foster College of Business Administration.
- CFA 301 - Cooperative Education/Internship in Communications And Fine Arts (2-6 hours)
- MUS 001 - Recital Laboratory - 0 hrs.
- MUS 101 - Introduction to Music Business - 3 hrs.
- MUS 301 - Contemporary Issues in Music Business - 3 hrs.
- MUS 161 - Music Theory I - 2 hrs.
- MUS 162 - Music Theory II - 2 hrs.
- MUS 163 - Elementary Ear-Training and Sight-singing - 1 hr.
- MUS 164 - Elementary Ear-Training and Sight-singing - 1 hr.
- MUS 165 - Keyboard Skills-Class Piano - 2 hrs.
- MUS 166 - Keyboard Skills-Class Piano - 2 hrs
- Two of the following:
- MUS 235 - Music in Its Historical Perspective I - 3hrs.
- MUS 236 - Music in Its Historical Perspective II - 3hrs
- MUS 335 - Music in Its Historical Perspective III - 3hrs.
- MUS 336 - Music in Its Historical Perspective IV - 3hrs.
In addition to Music and CFA courses, students are required to take the following courses:
- ATG 157 Accounting Principles - 3 hrs.
- BMA 352 Managing in Organizations - 3 hrs.
- ML 250 Interpersonal Effectiveness In Organizations - 2 hrs
- ML 350 Managing for Results in Organizations - 2 hrs
- FIN 322 Business Finance - 3 hrs.
- ECO 100 or ECO 221 - 3 hrs.
- MTG 304 Professional Selling - 3 hrs.
- MTG 393 Retailing or MTG 410 Services Marketing - 3 hrs.
TOTAL HOURS REQUIRED: 63