The Department of Music offers one minor in Music. Twenty-four hours are required for the minor. Courses include applied music and labs, music appreciation or history of music, music theory, ear training and sight-singing, keyboard skills and music in historical perspective.
Credits and Class Requirements:
- 4 hours - Music Theory (MUS 161 and 162)
- 2 hours - Ear Training and Sight Singing (MUS 163 and 164)
- 4 hours - Keyboard Skills (MUS 165 and 166)
- 4 hours - Applied Music; 4 semesters of study required
- 4 hours - Ensemble Performance (must be MUS 141/341, 142/342, 143/343, 144/344, 145/345, 146/346)
- 3 hours - Music Appreciation (MUS 109)* or History of Music (MUS 203)*
- 3 hours - One of the following courses in Music History: MUS 235 Music in Its Historical Perspective I
- 0 hours - Recital Lab (MUS 001); 4 semesters required
MUS 236 Music in Its Historical Perspective II
MUS 335 Music in Its Historical Perspective III
MUS 336 Music in Its Historical Perspective IV
TOTAL HOURS REQUIRED: 24*These courses also satisfy the General Education Fine Arts requirement.