The Department of Music offers one minor in Music. Twenty-four hours are required for the minor. Courses include applied music and labs, music appreciation or history of music, music theory, ear training and sightsinging, keyboard skills and music in historical perspective.
Credits and Class Requirements:
- 4 hours - Music Theory (MUS 161 and 162)
- 2 hours - Ear Training and Sight Singing (MUS 163 and 164)
- 4 hours - Keyboard Skills (MUS 165 and 166)
- 4 hours - Applied Music; 4 semesters of study required
- 4 hours - Ensemble Performance (must be MUS 141/341, 142/342, 143/343, 144/344, 145/345, 146/346)
- 3 hours - Music Appreciation (MUS 109)* or History of Music (MUS 203)*
- 3 hours - One of the following courses in Music History: MUS 235 Music in Its Historical Perspective I
- 0 hours - Recital Lab (MUS 001); 4 semesters required
MUS 236 Music in Its Historical Perspective II
MUS 335 Music in Its Historical Perspective III
MUS 336 Music in Its Historical Perspective IV
TOTAL HOURS REQUIRED: 24*These courses also satisfy the General Education Fine Arts requirement.