To major in psychology the student must complete a minimum of 34 hours that include:
- PSY 101 Principles of Psychology (with a grade of C or better)
- PSY 201 Brain and Behavior
- PSY 205 Quantitative Methods (with a grade of C or better)
- PSY 206 Experimental Psychology
2. Core Distribution
Three courses total: At least one course from Category A and at least one course from Category B. PSY 206 is a prerequisite for all.
- Category A:
- PSY 350 Developmental Psychology (formerly PSY 304)
- PSY 352 Personality Psychology
- PSY 354 Social Psychology (formerly PSY 308)
- PSY 356 Abnormal Psychology (formerly PSY 345)
- Category B:
- PSY 360 Psychology of Learning (formerly PSY 302)
- PSY 362 Cognitive Psychology (formerly PSY 307)
- PSY 364 Behavioral Neuroscience (formerly PSY 403)
- PSY 366 Sensation & Perception (formerly PSY 404)
3. Breadth: Electives
Nine additional semester hours from any of the psychology course offerings
- A course used to satisfy another major requirement (Foundation, Core Distribution, and/or Advanced) cannot also be used to concurrently satisfy the elective requirement.
- Only three hours of individual study courses (PSY 381, 382, 481, 491) will count toward satisfying the elective requirement.
Any 400-level course (except PSY 481 and 491)
Only Jr/Sr classes may be transferred from other institutions as Core Distribution or Advanced requirements.
Students must complete the Psychology Department senior exit exam within the final semester at Bradley as an undergraduate.