Why Choose Teacher Education?
You will be in a classroom in no time. Hands-on experience, perspective, insight, and self-knowledge: those are just some of the rewards that go with practicing in the field. At Bradley, every student completes clinical experiences in the full range of his/her certification and in a culturally diverse setting. In fact, our freshmen do it—and they love it.
You’ll learn from the best. Our award-winning faculty have taught in classrooms on four continents: They’re extraordinary teachers and dynamic leaders. That could be why our graduates win awards, too; in fact, not long ago, one of our graduates was named First-Year Teacher of the Year for the state of Georgia.
You’ll have help every step of the way. The department’s student-to-faculty ratio is 6 to 1.
You will graduate from accredited programs that have national and international reputations. We hold NCATE and ten additional national recognitions:
- Association for Childhood Education International
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling-related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Educational Leadership Constituent Council
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Associate of Schools of Music
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council for Teachers of Math
- National Science Teachers Association
When you graduate, you’ll find rewarding, challenging, exciting work. Our graduates teach in locations around the world.
You’ll be an excellent teacher. You know the kind we mean: inspiring, innovative, and interesting; a leader, a lifelong student, a role model. And there’s no greater reward.
Want more details? Check our Teacher Education Title II Certification Report.
Watch the stories of four teacher education students.